cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network error and not able to do incoming/outgoing calls

angelinalice12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I really need help with this. It has been going on for about a month now and I've tried everything the internet has suggested. My phone will occasionally not work when I'm making outgoing calls. It will either make the loud beeping noise, or just say "6UT1". I've tried resetting the network, changing to a different network setting, and restarting my phone. I'm not sure what I can do now.

Additionally, people can't call me at all. This happens once in a while. The only way that I've been able to fix it temporarily is to change my mobile network setting between LTE/WCDMA/GSM mode and WCDMA/GSM mode. If one mode works, then the other doesn't, and I've had instances where I've had to switch between the two a few times before I can finally get through making/receiving calls. 

Lastly, even during the times when I've been able to make the calls work by switching modes, I can never make any calls to toll-free numbers like 1-800 or 1-888. I don't know why that is the case. Each time I try to call a toll-free number (for customer service purposes), it's either the loud beeps or 6UT1. 

Please help! Thank you in advance!!

8 REPLIES 8

@Proxima   you have no service too?

did you login to My Account, using Incognito mode, to confirm your plan is active now?

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’m in metro Vancouver, and I still have service, no problems yet for me anyway

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@angelinalice12 

which area you are at? Telus has some Mobile service issue in some cities in AB, like Eta Lake, Rainbow Lake

If you are not there, I would suggest you to try clicking Reset all Networks on your phone and see if it works.  

And if you have another phone around, test your PM sim card  there as well

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

im no help

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@angelinalice12 

If you are not get incoming or outgoing calls, did you port your old number to PM?Or are you a long time member?

It sounds like a porting issue if you are new to PM. This happens if you didn’t reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM.

If you are a long time member, private message a CS_Agent for them to investigate your issue on the envelope icon on your computer or on your avatar.

Also, some toll free numbers do not work on PM for some reason.

@angelinalice12  Please 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

angelinalice12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My partner has the exact same plan as me (we started at the same time) and he has non of these issues. I've been using his phone to call the toll-free numbers.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@angelinalice12  Also not all 1 800 numbers work with PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.