cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network configuration when switching from 3G plan

Rizzo09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hiya! 

I'm not super knowledgeable about networks and settings, and I'm fairly certain my partner and my's phones are not 5G compatible - so I'm aware I will not be getting 5G speeds with this phone regardless of settings but I'm wondering if the settings are optimal for the new plan, coming from a 3g plan. 

I have a Samsung A70,  the current network configuration is set to auto connect - LTE, WCDMA, GSM. Is this the best option? 

6 REPLIES 6

Rizzo09

Thank you

Rizzo09

Thanks!

Rizzo09

Thank you! I was wondering if I should manually select public mobile, will leave the mode on auto. Thanks!

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If that is the highest your settings can go on that phone, it should be fine. If your phone is 4G you will still get far and away more than the 100mps that is capped for 4G speeds on PM at the moment.

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @Rizzo09, I have set my Samsung phone to auto connect. It is usually the best option. Hope this helps!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rizzo09 

Auto is usually ok, but you can manually select Public Mobile for more stable option.

You do need to let the network mode to Automatic as your phone still need to jump back to 3G for calls

Need Help? Let's chat.