cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need urgent assistance.

AeutrinaSSR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
ticket#0789-4634: unable to receive incoming calls. But outgoing calls, incoming and outgoing texts, data works. Emailed a mod but no response.

Already tried restarting the phone, and taking out the sim already, and it did not resolve the issue. Called my previous provider, wind, and they said it may be due to an issue with porting as I was a prepay customer and that it needs to be fixed on public mobiles end.

Can someone please help asap? Need phone operational for job interviews.
7 REPLIES 7

AeutrinaSSR

Unfortunately still no response and not fixed yet. 

Unfortunately 2 days is not enough under the current conditions. I would be planning for another 5 days.

To give you a feel for how large their backlog must be, the pre-promo response time was less than 5 hours during the day and rarely more than overnight. 

Of course, this does not excuse PM's poor planning to cope with these system "bugs".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

AeutrinaSSR
I have emailed @Shazia_K already but no response after two days. As for the wind SIM, I do not have it on hand atm, but last time I called them about the port issue, they said account was still active.

Your phone is not the problem, rather you have caught one the system "bugs". Follow the procedure outlined here: Contact moderators Given their backlog it will likely be several days before it is fixed.

Please do try your Wind SIM to see if provides service. Let us know.

AeutrinaSSR
And how/ when can this port issue be fixed? Is there anything I can do to get this fix sooner?

My phone is an iPhone 5s in case this info helps.

AeutrinaSSR
I have not cancelled the wind account yet. However, it is nearing the end of service and I don't want to be charged for an extra month by wind, when I already paid and got charged for services here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try your Wind SIM. If the port-in has stalled you should still have service.

Do not cancel your Wind account; it must remain active until the port-in finishes.

Need Help? Let's chat.