cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to activate SIM ASAP

frustratedcusto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and bought a new sim at a local store.

Can a mod please help me activate this new sim? I am locked out of my banking apps.

Instructions online say to go to your account, when you go to your account it tells you to ask the chatbot.

The chatbot then tells you to raise a ticket in the community???? Why is this so complicated.

Please resolve ASAP!!!

9 REPLIES 9

@frustratedcusto  Moderators are supposed to triage, SIM swap requests and no service, to first priority. That said, they are the only PM emplyees you can reach.

As an emergency backup check out Fongo & TextNow for calling/texting on wifi.o

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@frustratedcusto 

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour or less. Ask for a review link if you would like to rate the customer service you have recieved. 

@frustratedcusto wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I finally figured out how to raise my ticket

I find it pretty shocking how much this company relies on the community to do it's support.

Is there a way i can contact someone who actually works for this company so i can get my SIM activated or do i just hope a mod sees this and wait? 

You will have to wait for a mod to assist you with your request. 

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

frustratedcusto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I finally figured out how to raise my ticket

I find it pretty shocking how much this company relies on the community to do it's support.

Is there a way i can contact someone who actually works for this company so i can get my SIM activated or do i just hope a mod sees this and wait? 

@Anonymous wrote:

@dlambro : I'm not sure he was "talking" to you. Yes he basically repeated the answer but many people do that. And in this case look at the time stamp. The same minute. So he was typing and posted at the same time as you.

After I posted my message, I went back and tagged dlambro by mistake, only to realize that I had misread the message. I thought that the message said to go into self serve to change the SIM card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlambro : I'm not sure he was "talking" to you. Yes he basically repeated the answer but many people do that. And in this case look at the time stamp. The same minute. So he was typing and posted at the same time as you.

Edit: Oh \/ well that's different then...never mind 🙂

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 

Yes I agree with you, my post mentioned to report the phone lost/stolen on the account page and then contact a Moderator to get the new SIM card added.  Thanks, 

@frustratedcusto wrote:

I lost my phone and bought a new sim at a local store.

Can a mod please help me activate this new sim? I am locked out of my banking apps.

Instructions online say to go to your account, when you go to your account it tells you to ask the chatbot.

The chatbot then tells you to raise a ticket in the community???? Why is this so complicated.

Please resolve ASAP!!!

Sorry, but the only way to currently get this done is to open a ticket. Please go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

and then type in "SIM card swap".

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@frustratedcusto Hi there, sorry to hear about your phone.  Firstly, you need to login to your account and report the phone lost/stolen.  Go to Plan Add ons, Lost/Stolen Phone.  

Then to change the SIM card on your account, you need to contact a Moderator, as this function is no longer available to account holders.  To contact a Moderator, hit the chat button bottom right and type I lost my phone.  3 solutions will come up, one of which is Replace SIM.  Click on that and follow the prompts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.