cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Suspend Account without Access to Email

brennastang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently travelling overseas and lost my phone. Is there a way to suspend services without accessing my account? It requires multi-factor authentication and I am locked out of my email (due to signing into an unfamiliar device) and don’t have my phone to authenticate via text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

4 REPLIES 4

@dust2dust   Are you saying logging into the self serve account via chatbot bypasses the 2FA if it's not been toggled off?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can login to the chatbot. The function is there but I haven't tested it myself. Let us know if the status changes from active to suspended.

Connect to chatbot, yes I'm a customer, sign in, log in, manage my account, pick through the options. It can get a little tricky to get back once it falls out of the selection buttons. Then you can view the status in there or if you're able to call a North American toll free number then call 1-855-4pu-blic to check there too. Or have someone in Canada dial that number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brennastang   do you know your 4 digits pin ?  If so, you can call 1-855-4PUBLIC and then enter your phone number and disable Pre-Authorized payments there.  Once that is disabled, PM won't be able to charge you on your next renewal and your account will be suspended

if you do not have the 4 digits PIN, then you will have to setup a new email address, open ticket with PM and ask them to change the login email to the new one.  Once you got that changed and able to login to My Account, you can then disable Autopay there or suspend by using Lost/Stolen phone option in My Account

To have the email changed, please open ticket with PM Support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.