cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on changing plans

LHB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I’m trying to help my father in law with his PM account and there’s couple things I don’t understand. He has been on the Unlimited Provincial Talk plan ever since he started using PM. I’d like to help him change it to the current $15 plan (with 100 min talk) because there is text messaging. The provincial talk plan has no text messaging unless paying for addons.

Screenshot of his account status and payment history.

PM-payment.pngPM-account.png

Q1: 

When looking at the payment history, I don’t understand why the payments are split in two; $15 for unlimited provincial talk and $10 for 30 day plan. If I were to switch to the current $15 plan (100 min talk) do I still need to pay $10 for 30 day plan? Or just $15 for the 100 min talk plan?

Q2:

Will I be able to keep his $5 off loyalty rewards and the 1GB promo if switching plans?

Q3:

By looking at past call records, I doubt my in law will make more than 100 minutes of outgoing calls per month. But in case if he were to use up all 100 minutes, is it possible to buy more minutes from addons? I see there is a $5 addon for 500 min Canada-wide talk.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@LHB  No problem.

Yes all you need to do is add a card to the account for you to be entitled to the $2 auto-pay reward.

The system always debits the "available balance" before charging the card. So as long as there is $13 in the account a few days before the payment due date. Then it would debit from the account.

For example.

$1 available balance.

Rewards

$2 auto-pay

$5 Loyalty.

At payment due date the system would credit the $7 rewards to the available balance to bring balance to $8 (with the $1 that was already in balance)....then system would charge $7 to the credit card plus province taxes to total the $15 payment.

OR if you add additional money to the balance via TOP UP BEFORE THE PAYMENT DUE DATE.

It would look like this for example.

$1 available balance.

$10 top up added (store charges the tax)

Brings available balance to $11

Rewards:

$2 auto-pay

$5 loyalty.

At payment due date the system would credit the $7 rewards to the available balance of $11 bringing your total to $18.

Then system would deduct the $15 plan leaving your new available balance at $3.

So system would not have to charge the credit card for any amount.

Hope that makes sense to you. It's still early for my brain 😂

LHB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you Jb456 (and others who replied) for your quick respond.

About "you can still do manual top ups with vouchers as long as auto-pay is set up you will still get the $2 discount."

That's great to know! Thanks again!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LHB 

1. If you go to $15 plan you will only pay 15 dollars for the talk/text and if you use autopay, 250MB data.

2.Your rewards will follow you to the new plan.

3. 500 Canada wide minutes for $5 add on is a great addition to the $15 plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LHB :

Q1:

Here is what the $15 plan would be billed at:

esjliv_0-1598530200254.png

Q2:

Yes, the $5 Loyalty would stay with the new plan.

The promo 1GB would be dependent on the terms and conditions of the promo it self...if this was something that was purchased it would stay with his plan.

If it was a gift by PM or some other promo, I would contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link to confirm.

Q3:

Yes, the $5 ADD-ON is a great addon to have if needed. This will roll over every 30 day cycle. The Plan minutes will always get used up first, then the addon would kick in.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

1- It will be $15 for the plan. If you add auto-pay to the account you get a $2 reward per 30 days. So it would be $13 plus province taxes charged to the card. Or you can still do manual top ups with vouchers as long as auto-pay is set up you will still get the $2 discount. With auto-pay he would also get a 250MB data per 30 days.

It looks like this in your statement. Before the charge would show you the credits first as system applies any credits (rewards) to the account balance first that you're owed then it debits the $15. A $10 and a $5 for the $15 plan.

Screenshot_20200827_081228.jpg

To add auto-pay click payment then bottom left manage my card. Then go to manage auto-pay.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

2- yes you will keep both

3- yes you can adda $5 500 minutes Canada wide add-on. The add-on will continue to rollover every 30 days until all used up.

Guide to add add-ons is below. But it's fairly simple. Add money to your account is step one then step two is buy the add-on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

To change plan there are two options.

1- change now ( it will say top up now if you don't have the funds to cover new plan)

This option you're charged right away, new plan starts and no refund on unused days from old plan.

2- change at next renewal. The option you likely want to select. At next payment due date. New plan will be charged and start then.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Have a good day!

Need Help? Let's chat.