cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Sounds good 🙂

stwsimon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cool, thank you. I'm about done for the day now, will work through it in the morning.

iOS is up to date, the most recent update went on this afternoon.

Yep.  Just PM'd the mods about the port.  Data is ok I think.  I'm getting 20 down & 10 up, which is more than I was expecting.

Simon

Rockdaddy22
You say seems lol Are you sure it's good? You'll still need a mod to fix that port for you.

Rockdaddy22

stwsimon

Data seems to be working.

Rockdaddy22

Also, are you on an older iOS? Updating can also help.

I don't think you should have to, but you might need this
https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

Rockdaddy22
Ok that's good. Me neither 🙂 Is your data not working at all?

stwsimon

Thank you.

There is no profile option under settings -> general.  I guess that means I don't have one?

Simon

Rockdaddy22
You have a failed port unfortunately. You'll need to contact a mod.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

About 

Settings
General
Profile, if you have a profile, delete and reboot.

Let me know how it goes.

stwsimon

I'm porting from Rogers.  I thought I had got everything set up correctly, but after a few hours calls to the number are still going straight to voicemail. I can call and text out though.

Could be that its Saturday night?

I logged back into my Public Mobile Account and tried to do the port again and got the following message:  "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Could there in fact be a problem?

As a secondary question, I don't see the cellular data options as shown in the setup page (http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/1610), I have an iPhone 6+, are these still valid?  The only apn options I see are for the personal hotspot.

@Jeremy_M

Thanks.

Simon

Rockdaddy22
Try clearing cache and cookies, also try different browsers

cherieqwyu
I cannot activate my sim card. There is no options to choose under province. Please help!!!

floodRay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great info, thanks rockdaddy

Rockdaddy22
Also include old account number, and the number you'd like to port.

Send a private message after you read this

floodRay

So do I post them here or Message them directly?

jeeva86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hey Ray, did you port during the sim activation? In any case, when I had an activation error, I contacted the mods and provided the following info:

SIM card #
Full name
Email during signup

floodRay

I am also getting a message of "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help." I try to do it again, and it tells me invalid SIM. so I believe the SIM has already been registerd. Please help to fix my account. It takes an aweful long time on the last section of the activation process before it gave me the above message. I am porting from Fido, it seems i still get the fido services. I insert PM SIM it does get signal however I can not call or message out. Please help ASAP.

Thanks

Ray 

Funkagenda

Nevermind, all good! Just took a little longer 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Hi @Jaydog4
Unfortunately it might take a couple days to get a response.

VictoriaBC

I experienced a similar issue,  but would like somebody to comment,

First of all, in response to previous posts,  the 90-day 4gb / 40 is still available (it is no longer advertised on the Public Mobile Plans webpage), when you sign up no later than the 20th. Many folks have said the same.  I just joined myself.  

Be sure to click all the selections in this plan or the proper discount code won't be applied:  

Select  90-day,  provincial minutes,  worldwide text, 12GB.  

--  

Now,  when I joined I received a red error about auto-pay,  since it was selected by default.

"....auto-pay failed"  in essence.

The page seemed to be sending/receiving like it was dial-up days, but finally completed.  It says I am registered for auto-pay,  which doesn't necessarily mean it works.

I see My Funds:  $6.00  I can't think of anything else that would amount to $6.00

I assume it works by forwarding the current cycle's credit toward the following cycle's balance?

If somebody could confirm..

Checking back a few hours later:

My account is Active.  (phone not yet arrived so cannot test out)  I will assume my payment did go through after all.

tactfulcoconut

Update:

Yay looks like it went through despite having a red message about the credit card payment unable to charge.

Whew. I have an account now 😄

ktam123

Hi,

I am trying to activate a new sim.

On the activation page 2 where I choose my phone number, the drop down box in the Select your local calling area has no values, I cannot chose any city/regions.

thanks

kevin

jeeva86
The pages are verrrrry slow so it'll take awhile to go through. It took me several attempts to activate a few sims just now.

Bolado
I looked at the activate page and it's still there. Possible IP block for some reason?

tactfulcoconut

Hi there, I bought a sim in Vancouver this morning but after filling out the sim, credit card info, processing order, I'd get this error.

15094964_556796421177916_2757552968287559695_n.jpg

Now I can't go through the activate page.

15129646_556802284510663_8261149840989985561_o.jpg

Is it just done temporarily, can I still sign up on the deal?

It's also a blank page on other browsers and when using my phone's existing mobile data.

YogiT4

I just signed up I ported my number over but none of the services work but I do have signal. My old sim no longer works, so i assume the port was successful no services work on PM. 

I'm trying to activate another account but having issues processing my payment. Not sure whats going on?

gtyl

I already have a SIM card I'm trying to to use to activate my gf's account (can provide number to mod), but the activation website is not working at all as I have tried multiple times on multiple browsers without success. It appears the servers are just overwhelmed right now.

Can I receive some assistance here and also a commitment that PM with honour their $40 promotion as this is an issue on their end.

Thanks

scor17

Hi,

I went through the activation process and was having some credit card issues. I phoned my bank and we got it sorted out after many failed attempts. When I finally did get through my bank verified the transaction was successful, but I got an error message. pmerror.PNG

Below that are all my account details as if everything went through correctly. When I put the SIM card into my phone I get no service.

Edit: After trying the activation process again. It says invalid SIM, so I'm assuming the SIM was registered properly.

Bolado
Use Firefox guys. I had a referral use chrome where it took 30 minutes to activate 1 card. The other who used the recommended web browser and it was 10 minutes. It doesn't hang like the other browsers. When I'm sitting with them I tell them not to flinch on the last page. That's the most important page.
Need Help? Let's chat.