cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Msg a moderator at least to be put on the list.

sn00ch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same issue. Activation failed, can't create a self serve account since phone number is "invalid". Still using my old sim card for now. Any advice or should I just be patient and wait for mod reply?

Tommyd
thank you for your help but error says either phone number invalid or profile created already

lilstarangel15
Sounds like the same problem I had. Maybe try going to the top of the home page and click on my account. Create new account, type in your phone number. It'll say it sent you a text and to verify, but you probably won't get it. Take out the PM from your phone and reinsert it. Restart your phone. Maybe that'll work..worked for me

Tommyd
Hi I am having trouble with my account. got all the way to the payment screen then got an error. sim is now invalid and cant log in to account?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Don't worry the deal will be honored, they've stated so clearly

sarah1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been trying to activate my new SIM card for the past couple days, but I always get stuck when it asks me to select local calling area, because the drop down is empty. I have tried different browsers, different devices, switched the site to french, etc. This is the last day to register for the special 4GB/40$ deal, so help would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, turns out shortening my first name on the first page when activating fixes the entire issue!

JMayne

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome @ChopstickHero this is the same error that many of us are having. The good news is that you are in on the promo. The bad news is that the mods are totally swamped with PMs (please be sure to PM one of them) and there is no telling when your account will actually be up and active.

In the mean time your old account is still active and you are currently paying for both. Hopefully the mods will be able to arrange a credit for the days that you are unable to use your service.

At this stage, sit tight. I've been waiting more than a day. Many have been waiting a week or more 😞

Rockdaddy22
Yes they'll honor the deal. They've clearly stated so

Rockdaddy22
Please try the sim in the phone, sounds like it might have activated

ChopstickHero

Trying to activate my brother's SIM card. The first time the detailed information page went through, the port went through, but somehow failed during payment page. No option but to start again. When I tried to activate the SIM again, it says INVALID SIM at the top of the page. Triple checked SIM number and it is correct.

Can a mod please help? Would like to activate before the promo is over. But wondering if PM could honour the promo deal due to activation issue.

Rockdaddy22
I'm so happy for you @Benoit can you try and create a self serve account.

Rockdaddy22
Hey that's awesome 🙂

Boomsly
Go to your network settings and select public mobile network. I had to do that with my LG g5. I could only select WCDMA at first, a few hours later I could select LTE.

Benoit
Hey intake it back, it's working now - tanks!

Benoit
Thanks - the phone tells me No Service with that SIM in.

Rockdaddy22
Have you tried the sim in your phone?
You'll still get the deal it just might take a few days for the mods to sort it out for you.

Benoit
Appreciated, but that did not help. Is there a moderator around?

Bolado

Try clearing your cookies.

Benoit
Hi - activated last night but received browser error. Trying again today I get "SIM invalid".

Nomowu

Hi Moderator,

I am unable to activately my Sim card. I got stuck with "the local calling area drop down not working" issue. I search the forum but it seems like messaging a moderator is the only way for it.

Please help me asap, as today is the last day for the promotion.

Thank you

saje_ward

Thank you for your reply @jeeva86. I recognise that you are likely trying to be helpful but it would seem that you did not read the very first line of my post. No (full) SIMs, account numbers or anything that should be private has been posted in my entry. On top of that, I PMed the full batch of information to a mod before posting the edited version.

I am patiently waiting for a reply. Your response just added noise without being helpful.

jeeva86

This means your port is not fully complete, you should be able to use your old sim in the meantime. Last night it took 5hours for a Fido port. This morning, it took 2 minutes, it's all over the place, but if you have no success within 3 hours, PM the mods with your sim#, email, full name, old number and new port number.

jeeva86

Hey saje_ward, you'd want to PM the mods with your personal info and not post your sim here since it might taken by others or invalidated.

jeeva86

The activation servers are probably getting hammered, try it again and make sure to use Firefox. It took 30 mins to get to the final activation page.

cherieqwyu
I have trouble activing my sim card. Can you please help? My email is cherieqwyu@gmail.com Please contact me and I will give you the info you need.

saje_ward

I have sent the following message (with the full details, I have edited for this post) via PM to @Jeremy_M but welcome community help in the interim.

I am (attempting to be) new to the PM community. I just tried to activate my new SIM and port my Telus account 613####. My email address is ######. When I got to the final page, after entering payment information it said that the account activation had failed (even though I received two text messages on 613-####which is my alternate number). When I tried to do it again I am being told that the SIM is invalid. The number of the SIM is 8912230000287...... There is a charge of $135.60 from Telus Pre auth on my VISA and a $120 charge from Public Mobile as well. I am not able to log in to my account to see it or make any changes. I did try both my email address (#####) and my spouse's email address (####) and neither is recognized by the system.

My Telus account number  (for both phone numbers) is #######. The account is under #####. The Telus account is active and our contract with them ends on the 28. When I called they said that we could port anytime.

The SIM card is not being read by my phone, it says it is not activated, and my Telus SIM still works just fine.

I have a second PM SIM for my spouse's phone. Which I have now activated. Problems with that are listed below.

I have also emailed PM. Yes the phone is unlocked, we've used it in several countries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second phone was activated this morning. The SIM for that one is 89122300002878..... I tried to use the phone above as the referrer but was unable to so I left it blank. Please rectify that once we get this all resolved.

I opted to do the port later since I had problems above. I did successfully activate the SIM. The account number is  ######. I attempted to port in my number from Telus (6######)  on the “plans and add ons” but the whole page is riddled with errors. After multiple attempts I am giving in to the red text telling me to contact Public Mobile for assistance.

My Telus account number  (for both phone numbers) is ###. The account is in my name ####. The Telus account is active and our contract with them ends on the 28. When I called they said that we could port anytime.

I appreciate your help as I see that there are many like me who are having problems. I am sure that you are up to your ears in requests for help.

We are happy to have the $120 and 90 days for each account start on the day that proper service commences for both.

Thank you

winedown

hi,

well my data is working fine and i can call out. At this moment I can't recieve incoming calls and I can't send out nor recieve texts. Your help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, your data is definitely working. 💤😴💤😴💤
Need Help? Let's chat.