cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help porting from Koodo Postpaid to Public

audrey1947
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I am trying to open a account with Public, but I got a error message because by number is with Koodo Post Paid, can someone help me, or put me in touch with a Moderator who can.

I guess I will need to open a account with a random number and then have by Koodo number ported in?

Thanks 
Audrey

11 REPLIES 11

If you signed up at PM and initiated  a port from Koodo then Koodo will text you for a YES reply to complete the port request. 

Or did you take a PM number first?

No matter what .... your Koodo account needs to be active until the port is completed. 

audrey1947

I called that number and entered the number I wanted to port and a automated message said there is no active port request.

audrey1947

No I do not have port protection

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@audrey1947

Just taking a guess here. Is Port Protection enabled on your Koodo account?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/port-fraud-protection

It might have been enabled automatically for you after the Koodo data breach last year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Koodo/comments/fe5dx0/just_got_this_email_an_important_message_about/

@audrey1947 wrote:

I tried that (opened a new account with a random number and port in self serve) and it didn’t work. I Contacted a CS and they couldn’t do it either and they had to send a ticket to the porting department. Still waiting.

@audrey1947  - did you get it all sorted out yet?

There is a Porting Phone Number you can call, but perhaps a Public Mobile representative already is in the process doing this part.

I will private message you the phone number (unclear it is supposed to be posted here...) check your Private Messages INBOX.

audrey1947

I tried that (opened a new account with a random number and port in self serve) and it didn’t work. I Contacted a CS and they couldn’t do it either and they had to send a ticket to the porting department. Still waiting.

@audrey1947 wrote:

Yes I am trying to open a account with Public, but I got a error message because by number is with Koodo Post Paid, can someone help me, or put me in touch with a Moderator who can.

I guess I will need to open a account with a random number and then have by Koodo number ported in?

I'm going to say the exact opposite of everyone else so far in this message thread (except for the person making the first reply).  At this point in time, contacting a customer support agent would be premature.  To port a number from Koodo postpaid, you don't need to contact Public Mobile customer support.  As you suspected, take a new phone number during activation. After you have completed that process, attempt the number porting from your Public Mobile Self Serve account.  I believe that the reason for seeing that error message during activation is only because the number is coming from Koodo, something that can be done from Public Mobile Self Serve for numbers coming from a postpaid Koodo Mobile account.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you want the same Koodo number at PM  then new SIM required.

For a smooth transition, contact support agents and create a ticket.

click on the blurb at bottom right and follow the prompts and keep checking the envelop icon on top for their replies/directions.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@audrey1947 wrote:

Thanks 
Audrey

@audrey1947 

Contact PM customer service to troubleshoot:

Chatbot (tiia.ai)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@audrey1947 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.