cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My public phone account

Joan1955
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently I received a new credit card which I went into my account and public mobile and changed and registered it. Now this months payment is coming up and was told that they couldn’t take a payment!!
today I went in and made a one time payment on my credit card which was accepted. I tried my phone again and said I had no minutes.

I went back in and talked to Simon and he set up a payment on my credit card and another $15 was taken off so that’s $30 and I still have no minutes.

This is so  frustrating can’t talk to anyone and can’t get any help!!! Wish I had never signed up with this company! I am out $30 and no service!!!

16 REPLIES 16

Joan1955

Ok thanks!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Joan1955  - not sure if I follow exactly, but let me try to suggest something that I may be understanding.

You are on the $15 plan and you ran out of outgoing minutes.

And, your plan is Active. So I understand this as you are adding funds to buy more outgoing minutes?

If this is your situation and your plan has not renewed yet (to replenish your Plan minutes) then use the funds you added to your Available Funds area to purchase a $5 / 500 minute Canada Wide calling addon.

This add on will not expire and will roll over each cycle if not used up. Your plan minutes will always be used first.

Since you already have the funds, you just need to add the addon to your account now. You can find the $5 / 500 minutes addon here in your self serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

If this was a suspended plan that you reactivated and still cannot make outgoing calls try removing your SIM card and reinserting it. 

Also, you can try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if you can make calls.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Joan1955 

If you can text then you have active service unless you are sending iMessage over wifi. If your $15 has been deducted for your plan amount then you have reactivated your service. Reboot your phone and try making a call. If you cannot make a call what is the message you are receiving?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Wow 9 replies while I typed out my response....

@Joan1955 

Your transaction history now shows 30 DAY PLAN.....$10 and 100 MINUTES....$5 with today's date?

If so log out and reboot your phone. You should be able to place a call. Your overview page may not update right away to reflect your active status.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Joan1955

Where do you find activate now on my account

Moved:

inappropriate messages removed. Using methods to get around the swear word filter is against terms of service.

Joan1955

My account shows that it’s active. How did the $30 I deposited there’s only 15 left so they taken a $15 payment but when I activate my phone. Funny thing is I can text but I can’t make any calls

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Joan1955 

Is your account status active? When is your renewal date? If you have used up your 100 outgoing minutes then it is best to purchase the $5/500min add on. This is a one time purchase that does not expire. It will roll over every 30 days supplementing your plan minutes when you run out until you completely consume the 500 minutes.

Your account balance will reflect the $30 that you added to your available funds. At renewal your $15 plan amount will be taken from there first. If you still owe for your plan amount ( which you won't this upcoming renewal) only then will your Auto pay card be charged for the balance owing.

If you choose to purchase the $5/500min add on then your account balance will be debited as follows:

$30 - $5/500min add on=$25 - $15 (next renewal)=$10 - $15 (following renewal)= $10 from your available funds+$5 charged to your autopay card=$0 ( available funds in your account balance.)

Joan1955

Yeah I just did that and it shows the $30 that I put in and now $15 taken off for payment but they won’t activate my account for some reason

Then click on the activate now button on your account if money is still on the available funds account.

@Joan1955 

If $15 was taken out, then reboot your phone again and log out of your account.

Trying making a call now. Should work now.

Joan1955

I just went and checked again and it shows $15 they taking a $15 payment but never activated my account

Joan1955

Shows I have $30 in my balance

Joan1955

Nope that didn’t work

Joan1955

OK I will try that thanks

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Joan1955

Reboot your phone to trigger activation.

Log out and back into your account to see update to your plan and account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What is your account status? What plan are you on? What do you show for balance?

Need Help? Let's chat.