cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My port didn’t work but….

nfarius01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a bill from my old service provider and when I contacted them they are saying the number is still with them (virgin mobile) however my phone is showing PM and I’ve been billed and able to use my phone.

i was told I needed to contact PM to get them to do another port request and then call them back?

8 REPLIES 8

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nfarius01 you threw away the Virgin SIM?  you have to call Virgin and ask of they agree to let you port out the number with your verbal agreement instead of a YES reply on SMS.  If they do not agree, you have to buy a new Virgin SIM and change sim so you can reply text

once you got it sort led out with Virgin,  you have to call PM porting support team to retrigger the port if the last request is still within 30 days.  I will message you the number in Community inbox.   Check the envelope icon

@nfarius01 wrote:

Unfortunately I threw it out when I started getting my texts and calls with PM. Virgin told me to call PM/Telus but I have no clue how to do that? I still have my Virgin account number that I can give PM

@nfarius01  - did activate the PM account with your virgin number? (just checking..)

You may need to obtain a verbal approval port with virgin if you no longer have your virgin SIM card.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Or, for you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

@nfarius01 

No worries, seems that most new members missed this important step.

Have your Virgin information handy and keep your eyes on the envelope icon on top of this page. They will reply back by private messaging.

Their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST.

@nfarius01 
Look a bottom of this page under SIMon Chatbot.

nfarius01

Sorry how do I submit a ticket?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nfarius01 

Your porting is in limbo and is not completed.

Did you reply to the text with the Virgin SIM in your phone to complete the porting?

You only have 90 minutes to reply or it get aborted.

If you missed this step, you will need to contact a CS_Agent by typing in Create a Ticket and explain your porting issue or private message them on this Community.

nfarius01

Unfortunately I threw it out when I started getting my texts and calls with PM. Virgin told me to call PM/Telus but I have no clue how to do that? I still have my Virgin account number that I can give PM

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nfarius01 wrote:

I received a bill from my old service provider and when I contacted them they are saying the number is still with them (virgin mobile) however my phone is showing PM and I’ve been billed and able to use my phone.

i was told I needed to contact PM to get them to do another port request and then call them back?

So your phone is showing the PM network but Virgin is saying you are still active with them?  DO you have your old SIM to see it that truly is the case?  Most stuck ports I have read about is the person can't receive calls or messages when they move to PM not that they are on PM and still on their old network as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.