cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan is not working

qbacreative
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I just created a new account with Pubic Mobile and activated my new SIM card with new plan/phone number. The SIM card seems to be partiallly working because it displays that it is connected to Public Mobile but even though my plan has unlimited Canada wide calls, I keep getting audio an message that say - "Sorry we cannot complete your call.You don't have an active Long distance add on, and this call is not covered by your plan. Get an add on by dialing star 611."

The account has been activated over 5 hours ago. I hope someone can assist me with this frustrating situation.

Thanks, 

Alex

11 REPLIES 11

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@qbacreative wrote:

Hi

I just created a new account with Pubic Mobile and activated my new SIM card with new plan/phone number. The SIM card seems to be partiallly working because it displays that it is connected to Public Mobile but even though my plan has unlimited Canada wide calls, I keep getting audio an message that say - "Sorry we cannot complete your call.You don't have an active Long distance add on, and this call is not covered by your plan. Get an add on by dialing star 611."

The account has been activated over 5 hours ago. I hope someone can assist me with this frustrating situation.

Thanks, 

Alex

@qbacreative  Double check the number you are calling is correct. In most cases the area code is incorrect.

Thanks for letting us know it did not work.. I'm curious if it would work on a completely different plan but that's just my own curiosity as usually pm system does not let you new same plan but it does let you pick a completely different one...don't try it cause you'd be stick with a different plan for a month...just wait for moderators to resolve issue...

If you're out of a phone now and need something to contact people id suggest you download the "TEXTNOW" App...this will give you a Canadian number in your area all allow you to call and text free over wifi.

Hope they fix your issue soon!

@qbacreative wrote:

Thanks Jb456,

I did what you said by changing the plan with the same plan but nothing happened, you are right the money is still sitting in my account and it hasn't been debited.

How do I open a ticket and send it to a moderator?

qbacreative

thanks a lot for all of your help Jb456!

qbacreative

Thanks Jb456,

I did what you said by changing the plan with the same plan but nothing happened, you are right the money is still sitting in my account and it hasn't been debited.

How do I open a ticket and send it to a moderator?

It appears there may be a system error as a few people have this 1969 issue. Another person just recently posted same issue with a screen shot. 

I have an idea for you to try. However it is completely up to you if you want to try it or not. NO idea if it will work but worth a shot. If not you would have to contact the moderators and they will investigate for you. 

So first. 

Can you check your account again. Is there a balance in your account? 

If yes, is the amount the same amount that you deposited for your plan?

Example $25 plan, $25 in balance? 

You need to check credit card if that is all you been charged. If plan was $40 and that $40 is sitting in your account make sure you were only charged $40 on your credit card. 

If you confirmed all that...what I am thinking is because of the 1969 date it did not debit the money from you public mobile account to activate your plan... as normally you PM account balance would be zero. 

So you could try this. 

Click change plan.

Select the plan you want.

Click "Change NOW"  DO NOT click change at next renewal date.

Hopefully the system will process your plan debit you PM account balance..it will activate and instead of a Date of 1969 it will go to a current date. 

Again completly up to you if you want to try it out...if you do, can you please post the outcome?

If you choose not to or it does not work you will have to contact the moderators. To do so on the bottom right have corner there is a question mark. Click that to talk to SIMon the chat bot and you will be able to open a ticket with the moderators to investigate.

@qbacreative  If you have no other service, try an application like that from https://www.fongo.com/ . It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

You could try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

Also, submit a ticket for the issue: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/form/U2FsdGVkX18wmLhWavyrfzjnnrz8mQG_zuI2MSqqCK-mfrwavJDY...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

qbacreative

Hi DanielleMarie, even though I have unlimited Canada wide calls, that was one of the first things I did when troubleshooting the issue, check to see if it had a 1 in front of the area code, I even tried diferents Toronto's Area Code.

qbacreative

Hi Jb456,

I thought you were making a joke, lol this is what it says:

"Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Dec 30, 1969"

What now?

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@qbacreative wrote:

Hi

Thanks, 

Alex

Is everything else working? Have you checked whether there is a 1 before the area code for the number you are calling?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

There's been alot of issues today regarding this. Might be some type of system error going on.

Can you do me a favor and log into your self serve account and see if it says renewal date of1969?

Need Help? Let's chat.