cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was stolen earlier in the summer! Need help!

marsi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi angels!! I need help! I have been in a bit of a depressive slump since it happened so I haven't been able to will myself to write this post, but earlier in the summertime, beginning of June I think, I dropped my phone and it was stolen from me. Since that happened I haven't had access to my phone number, and am unsure what steps to take to cancel my number or transfer it to a new phone, so far I've been paying for my number still with money I don't really have. If possible it would be magical to be reimbursed for some of it, but if that's an impossibility I accept that, I just would like to no longer be paying for it in future or current months. Would a customer support agent be able to help me recover my phone number or cancel my plan? I'm unsure if the account I'm posting from is the account I used for my number, as another time I tried to access it I was unable to, because I didn't have access to 2 factor authentication which was barred from me as my phone was stolen.

Sincerely and with earnest hope, thank you thank you, please help ❤️

3 REPLIES 3

@marsi 

since you can login to your self serve account I would put the device in "lost/stolen" mode to deactivate the service. if you click on the drop down menu and select 'profile' you will see the lost/stolen option

@marsi   If you can access your account, go to subscriptions and turn off "subscribe" and that will stop the payments while you figure things out.  If you get a new phone you'd just need a new sim card and change the sim number in your account (or get an esim if the phone is capable).  If you want to totally remove your credit card from the account you can contact a customer service agent via this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

In your account there is also an option to set your phone as lost or stolen.  Others know more about that than I do but I assume that would stop it from working pretty much immediately.

marsi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay, an update: it seems like this account is connected to my phone number, what's concerning to me is it seems like someone has indeed been using it to make outgoing calls, texts, and occasional data. Does anyone have any advice? @customer Support, would you be able to help me with this? Am feeling nervous and scared

Need Help? Let's chat.