cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone shows NO SIM

jimzhang1107
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone shows NO SIM, I can't use my phone for make or receive phone calls, nor use data. How can I have a new SIM CARD?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jimzhang1107 wrote:

My phone shows NO SIM, I can't use my phone for make or receive phone calls, nor use data. How can I have a new SIM CARD?

@jimzhang1107 

Did you complete the SIM card activation and choose a Public Mobile plan, either in store, or online found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

This would be the next step after you have the SIM card.

After activation, perform a Reset of the Network Settings with the Public Mobile SIM card in the unlocked device.

whitworthway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try first some visual checking, try cleaning the sim from any liquid or dust. Or maybe phone is not compatible try talking to Simonbot.the robot here in the website.

You can purchase new sim in the website public mobile or amazon or nearby mobile retail store.

@t_p wrote:

@jimzhang1107 wrote:

@jimzhang1107 

You can buy from PM online, Amazon or local store:

Sim Card (publicmobile.ca)

But first, try your SIM in another phone if you can to see if it works, or at least reinstall it. Since when did that happens? Did you just activate your account?

Buy online now at Public Mobile.....2 for $5. That is if you can wait for the mail. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jimzhang1107   was it ever work on this phone?

pull the SIM out and re-seat the SIM.. maybe loose connection.

if still fail, you will need to check it on another phone and see if you got the same error message.  It could be the SIM..could be the device (the SIM tray and contact component of the device)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimzhang1107 : Have a look at devicecheck.ca .

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jimzhang1107 wrote:

Have you ever been able to use this phone on PM network in the recent past ?

When did you buy this particular phone ?

What make of phone is it ?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@jimzhang1107 wrote:

@jimzhang1107 

You can buy from PM online, Amazon or local store:

Sim Card (publicmobile.ca)

But first, try your SIM in another phone if you can to see if it works, or at least reinstall it. Since when did that happens? Did you just activate your account?

Edit: If the issue is caused by improper SIM provisioning, you'll need to contact CS for help:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimzhang1107 

What kind of your device ?
is it unlocked !!

no need to buy it new SIM card,

can you test your SIM card in another device to you know where the issue from SIM card network or device issue, maybe your device is locked to carrier..

Need Help? Let's chat.