cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number no longer active and some other number assigned

sudeshgalhenage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I just notice my phone number no longer active and the number I was using is gone. I was assigned different number. However, text messages are working. But unable to take calls.

I check account balance there is no amount due. But when I try to call from the phone, there is a message saying need to pay the bill.

It’s very confusing and there is no help desk that I call and resolve the issue.

Looking for support and feel lost.

Thanks

Sudesh

1 REPLY 1

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sudeshgalhenage 

Do you have an iPhone? Did you port in your phone number more than 30 days ago? When you call 611 from your phone does it say you are suspended? Does your self serve account say active? Or suspended and/or expired?

Edit:

If you ported your number in and did not reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it your port will have failed. Check your old sim for service and see if you can sign into your old account if so your port definitely failed and after 30 days pm will assign you a new number so that you can recieve incoming calls.

You have likely been suspended for non payment if you are not signed up for autopay. You must prepay for service at pm. To reactivate your service for another 30 days make a manual top up payment by credit card or purchase a voucher. If you use a credit or visa/debit card  choose "other amount" and add your plan amount. Confirm and submit your purchase. Your plan should automatically reactivate. Log out and reboot your phone.

If your plan does not automatically reactivate and the plan amount you added just shows in your available funds you will need to go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Now your plan should automatically reactivate. Check your transaction history for your 30 DAY PLAN/$10 and your 100 MINUTES/$5 or ?GB AT 3G SPEED/$15+ and today's date to confirm a successful reactivation of your plan. Log out and reboot.

You can contact customer support or call the telus porting department to reinitiate your port request if your old account is active and you can authorize the port request via the old sim card when the PAT is sent out or verbally by calling your old provider and verifying you are the account holder to verbally authorize the port request.

Or you can port it in via the change number feature in your self serve by entering the name on your old account, phone # to be ported and the account #. Dont forget to check the "authorized to port" box and to reply YES to the PAT as above.

If you have an iPhone you are likely using iMessage via wifi. Or chat features (RCS) on Android.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.