cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number isn’t working properly

Karchi55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to public mobile a few days ago and I can make outgoing calls but can’t receive any calls from my number. I’ve asked people to call me and the calls won’t even go through. Like my number doesn’t exist. I need to talk to a support agent over the phone. But can’t figure out how to call public mobile 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Karchi55 

When you requested porting was your old account active? Do you have service on your old Sim card? Unless you are porting in from Telus or Koodo you must have active service?

Incoming callers to your phone number on a stuck port will reach your old voicemail unless you have the old Sim card in a working phone then you will still recieve incoming calling and be able to make calls.

Pay and reactivate your old account if needed or reach out to customer support if your account is suspended with Telus or koodo.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Karchi55 

Since you say you 'switched', probably means your port did not go through completely.

If you DIDN'T reply "YES" to the port authorization request when moving here, place your old provider SIM card back in your device, then to re-initiate the port, click here:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Karchi55 

You need to keep your old SIM card in your phone to get a text from your old provider to confirm the number port. Check the mail icon on this page. I will pm you the number to call.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Karchi55 , did you submit a number port?  It seems like the port did not complete.  Did you confirm the port from the other end?  Anyway to get CSA support to fix the porting problem, please use the chatbot link at the bottom of the webpage to initiate a support ticket.  This service does not have call center support.

Need Help? Let's chat.