cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone not receiving calls or texts

becky264
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there I'm a new customer and my phone isn't receiving any phone calls or texts but I can call people and text them. How do I fix this issue? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3. Thank you for your time and answers.

5 REPLIES 5

@becky264 

Two hours have now passed if you still dont have incoming calling and texts contact the moderators  by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon. Type in incomplete port and human and the follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. The approximate wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests however porting requests are normally considered urgent.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@becky264 wrote:

Hi there I'm a new customer and my phone isn't receiving any phone calls or texts but I can call people and text them. How do I fix this issue? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3. Thank you for your time and answers.

How long ago since your ported your phone number from your previous provider?

Porting a mobile number will take a couple hours to couple of days.

Porting a landline will take up to one week.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days. https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @becky264 ,

If you just ported a cell phone number to Public Mobile, it could take a few hours to complete the port.

The Incoming Calls are usually the last to port over. Use your provider's previous SIM to receive calls. When calls no longer come in to the previous SIM, your port should be complete. 

If you ported a LAND LINE, this could take a few days to complete the porting process.(sometimes up to 7).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Try turning your phone off and turning it on again.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@becky264 it usually takes about 2-3 hours to complete the port process

try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

• you can also try reseating the sim card 
Need Help? Let's chat.