cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband opted us out months ago when we got new phones. Today I find out I’ve been being charge

Judy2424
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Only because our credit card expired did if find out  that I have been being charged for the last 5-6 months for a service and number I do not use. And they say I owe money, this phone # has not been used since I got a new phone and # and a contract with another company. My husband-opted us out , I have never been on this site until today I created an account to try and contact someone.  There is nobody to call and I’m sitting here wondering how the hell this happened. With no way to fix as you can’t contact anyone

19 REPLIES 19

@pkaraa wrote:

@Judy2424  When you got new phone and new #, perhaps you(your husband) didnt remove your CC info from the autopay and close the account at Public mobile. It is always beneficial to check your credit card statement once a while.

Now your CC is expired and your account will be suspended and remain like that for 90 days without charging any further cos the CC on file is expired. After 90 days the account will be deactivated automatically.

There is no refund policy at PM even if you didnt use the calling/texts/data.. 

I don't have inside knowledge about Public Mobile policy on this, but an expired credit card does not always prevent a company with an established relationship with a customer from charging the card. Some credit card issuers actually share information about new credit card numbers (exception: lost or stolen credit card) and new expiry dates with merchants unless you tell the credit card issuer specifically not to.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Judy2424  When you got new phone and new #, perhaps you(your husband) didnt remove your CC info from the autopay and close the account at Public mobile. It is always beneficial to check your credit card statement once a while.

Now your CC is expired and your account will be suspended and remain like that for 90 days without charging any further cos the CC on file is expired. After 90 days the account will be deactivated automatically.

There is no refund policy at PM even if you didnt use the calling/texts/data.. 

@Judy2424   Yes,  the good news is it won't charged anymore  

Judy2424

And successfully not be charged anymore!

Judy2424

No I really appreciate the help, because of the messages I knew who to message and how. I am really thankful for the help. 

Hi @Judy2424 

We're not trying to tell you that perhaps something wasn't done right, we're just trying to make sure Public Mobile no longer charges you for anymore services you're not needing.

If you can log into the self-serve, make SURE to remove the payment card associated with the account by clicking on the Payment tab, then Manage card.

HALIMACS_0-1642553088478.jpeg

Judy2424

Tried to port/move but new provider couldn’t use our Labrador area code due to not being available in the area. As for opting out on the page, I can’t remember what it actually said but it worked for my husband but not me. As everyone keeps telling me I guess I didn’t do everything right so I hope I answered your questions thanks for replying

@Judy2424 

You don't owe anything. Only if you want to continue service since pm is prepaid.

@Judy2424 

Please clarify what you mean by you "thought (you) opted out"

The only way to cease service is to completely remove the associated payment card from your self-serve account OR port/move your Public Mobile number to another provider (this closes your Public Mobile account/service)

Did you do either or both?

Judy2424

Hi, The email I got shows I owe for January, also we thought we had been opted out since Aug, my husband was opted out but mine didn’t and I have paid 200$  Since then. I never got the text payment was made as I have a new number, couldn’t keep my old  number from Labrador with new provider. Not very lucky I guess. Thanks for your response 

@Judy2424 wrote:

My husband opted us out, we thought all was fine.

Please define 'opted us out'. Removing SIM from the old phone or putting phone in the drawer is not 'opting out'.

You have to make payment to fail on next renewal or to port out your number in order service to stop. And due to no payment - PM service will be suspended for 90 days and after that your PM account will be cancelled - deleted for no payments.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Judy2424 

If your expired card is on both of your accounts then you have now "opted" out by the mere fact that autopay will fail on both accounts and will not renew your plans. Both accounts will be cancelled 90 days from the last day of paid services and will then be cancelled and deactivated. If a different card is on your husband's account then it will need to be removed to cancel its services.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are on autopay, you will be charged every 30 days for PM service.

If you did NOT port your number to another provider, your service with PM is still active and will continue indefinitely.

Indefinitely means - until your credit card expires, you remove your CC from PM account, you cancel autopay, autopay fails. Technically as long as PM can get their money for the service, your account is active.

You should suspend your account or suspend autopay or remove credit card from your PM account. Or the best is to post your PM number to another provider. That immediately closes your PM account.

You can contact agent through email (link provided by @softech) but I doubt they will refund you your money for service you did not use.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Judy2424 wrote:

Only because our credit card expired did if find out  that I have been being charged for the last 5-6 months for a service and number I do not use. And they say I owe money, this phone # has not been used since I got a new phone and # and a contract with another company. My husband-opted us out , I have never been on this site until today I created an account to try and contact someone.  There is nobody to call and I’m sitting here wondering how the hell this happened. With no way to fix as you can’t contact anyone

OK @Judy2424 , let me give this a go.

So when you say you "opted out", what exactly does that mean?   Did you feel that at sometime you 'canceled' the service with Public Mobile?   If so, how did you do that, exactly?

As with any pre-paid service, if there is a payment card attached with that service on an auto-pay agreement, the service provider will continue to pull the required payment from that card on it's normal cycle renewal date.

If a Public Mobile customer attains service with another provider, acquiring a new phone and a new number, there's nothing which will automatically cease the Public Mobile service.

The only way to truly STOP or CEASE the service is to entirely remove any payment cards which were being used to pay for the services and (if you want to be sure you've covered the bases), also submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents to formally request they close your service/account.

I don't want to be the bearer of unfortunate news, however if you did not remove the payment card NOR have a support ticket for a formal request to have canceled the service NOR ported out the Public Mobile number to another provider, then the charges are legitimate and it's unlikely they'll be refunded.

Still, you can submit your case the Customer Support Agents.   Please do fill us in on the outcome, if you will.

Good Luck!!!

Judy2424

My husband opted us out, we thought all was fine. Until I got an email ( first one) that my credit card had expired and they couldn’t get my Jan payment. So I had to try and log, new (password etc.) I had never been on the site before. Thank you I sent the message. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I know of nothing here called “Opt Out”. You effectively got new phones, new phone numbers and new service elsewhere and put your existing still working phones in a drawer somewhere. Had you ported your phone number over to the new service that would have cancelled your account here. But if you didn’t do that and you didn’t log in to your account here remove your automatic payments…. Nothing was done to cancel your old service.

AE_Collector

Judy2424

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judy2424 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Judy2424   that is not good.  

Did you opt out the service by porting out the number?  Or if you have removed the credit card from the system or disable Autopay?  Did you try to login to your Self-serve my account and can you login ? 

If you can still login , that's not good.  You might not have done the proper steps to opt out.  First, disable Autopay and then remove the credit card.

But no worry, open ticket with PM via direct message and they will investigate 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.