cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data

dmajcan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I.m wondering why a payment came out on my credit card on June 2 and june 7 for 23.00 and another on june 17th for 14.00 and its telling me I used up 95 percent of my data already. That's impossible.my data seems to be getting low awful quick with you guys and it's not my phone!! As I had it in and got it checked. Nothing running in the background so please don't ask...if this isn't corrected immediately I will cancel and go back to my previous provider. I have never used up 4 GB ever un my last plan I had with voodoo.so something is wrong..please reply..

Tks

Dave.

4 REPLIES 4

@dmajcan 

What is the date of your renewal? Which plan are you on? Do all 3 charges from your credit card also appear in your self serve accounts payment history? Do you have a balance on your account? If you do not have a record of the charges that are not your renewal or a manual top up that is reflected as a balance in your available funds or are all automatic top ups have the moderators investigate the source of the errant charges.

In your self serve account go to your daily usage history. Your data usage is reported in two 12 hour blocks each day. Add these up from the day of your renewal until today. There is a delay of 12 hours or so in the data being reported in this section vs your overview page or the counters in your usage page which are time accurate. Make a note of the date and time of any large lblock of data usage that is out of the ordinary to your average usage.

Compare any unusually high usage to your data usage in your phone. See if you can identify if a particular app or a possible software or security update occurred and it's date/time. You can also use your timeline to determine if you were likely on wifi or not. Errors can happen....if you have compelling evidence that there has been a mistake or that your data counter did not reset upon renewal you can ask the moderators to reset your data.

Take the time to employ all the data saving tools in your phone. Make sure your data tracker is set to the correct 30 days of your plan cycle. Use your data warning and limiter. Set them for example to 25% and 50% of your plan data. This way you can better track your usage and monitor unusually high usage  and take preventitive  action if an app has a glitch or you disconnect from wifi. If you miss the warning the limiter will stop your mobile data before you recieve the 75% and 95% data usage texts from pm. Please note pm sends data usage texts based on the total amount of data on your account. This would be plan data and any data add ons, promo or bonus data you may have.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dmajcan wrote:

Hi I.m wondering why a payment came out on my credit card on June 2 and june 7 for 23.00 and another on june 17th for 14.00 and its telling me I used up 95 percent of my data already. That's impossible.my data seems to be getting low awful quick with you guys and it's not my phone!! As I had it in and got it checked. Nothing running in the background so please don't ask...if this isn't corrected immediately I will cancel and go back to my previous provider. I have never used up 4 GB ever un my last plan I had with voodoo.so something is wrong..please reply..

Tks

Dave.

Hi @dmajcan ,

If you are seeing these charges on your credit card, and you did not make these additional payments, then I suggest to contact the Moderators to follow up on those charges.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dmajcan wrote:

Tks

Dave.

Would you please post a screenshot of your recent billing history...but edit out personal info.

What kinda phone you use ? Anyone else have access to the phone or your account ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dmajcan  in terms of the 2 payments, you should go to My Account->Payment->Transaction History and it should show you why it got charged.  Or you can post a screenshot of that so we can try to help.

In terms of Data used,  there is usage history there as well.  you can sort the type of usage and sum of the data used and see if it make sense.

If you are willing to check and post us back what you see, maybe we can help ..

Need Help? Let's chat.