cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data was just cut off at 4gb when I am paying for 5gb...

Edtelish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have verified that I have only used 4gb. My account is in good standing. I turned the phone off, pulled out the SIM for a minute, and my APN settings should be fine, since data was working fine for me an hour ago. When i turn wifi off, I get a data usage warning. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Edtelish wrote:

Turns out it was my mistake. My phone was lying to me about my usage. 

@Edtelish this is pretty common. Are you using an iPhone or an Android phone?  If iPhone, you may want to check out My Data Manager in the app store.  It's also available for Android, though I would recommend Data Witness PM, written by community member @IWIK and free for Public Mobile customers (with none of the privacy concerns of MDM).  More on Data Witness: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Edtelish

Turns out it was my mistake. My phone was lying to me about my usage. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Edtelishany update on this? I am curious on how this looks.

srlawren

@Edtelish it sounds like you have used up all your plan data for your current billing cycle.  To confirm that, log into your self-serve account and look at the Overview page (the page you land on when signing in).  If you see your data plan listed near the bottom and it shows you've used x,xxx / 5,120 MB, then you still have data left.  If you do not see such a line, you have used up all your data.

When you say you've only used 4GB--are you looking at your phone's usage counter?  It may be out of sync with Public Mobile since phone usage alwasys tracks by month and not by 30 days, for example.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978

@Edtelish wrote:

I have verified that I have only used 4gb. My account is in good standing. I turned the phone off, pulled out the SIM for a minute, and my APN settings should be fine, since data was working fine for me an hour ago. When i turn wifi off, I get a data usage warning. Any ideas?

How did you verify that you used only 4GB? Does it say it in the "Amount Used" in the account overview? In the usage history in your account you can also check the data usage and sum it up.

Carld123

@Edtelish

So at 95% you have approx 250mb left...the delay that@popping mentioned must be the answer to it..

Edtelish

Additionally, I already got the 95% usage warning about three days ago, and I thought it was just a weird mistake. I should have looked into it back then, in retrospect.

Edtelish

It's saying it's completely used up. I can't connect at all.

popping

@Edtelish wrote:

How much data do you have on your plan?

There is slight delay in data usage update.  When the system catches up with the update, you will be alerted at 75% and 95% usage level even you are not using your SIM card.

Carld123

@Edtelish

Has your data actually stopped or is it just a warning you are getting close to your limit?

Need Help? Let's chat.