cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data plan says I have 500mb and my data stopped working at around 250mb.

Daniel4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my data plan is 500mb and 100 min of calling and unlimited texting(the 15$ plan). My data stopped at around 250mb. My data is turned on and it shows im using data but i cant do anything that needs internet. I got data usage notifications, but i thought it was a bug or something wrong cause my plan for sure has 500mb.  

7 REPLIES 7

@Spike1, $15 does not come with 500 Mb of data.  There is also not an addon for 500 Mb of data available currently at Public Mobile to add.

The other posters are correct. The OP is mistaken in what their plan provides.

Spike1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you do actually have 500mb and your data stopped early, you should check if you have data limits set on your phone.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hycm53 wrote:

@Daniel4 wrote:

So my data plan is 500mb and 100 min of calling and unlimited texting(the 15$ plan). My data stopped at around 250mb. My data is turned on and it shows im using data but i cant do anything that needs internet. I got data usage notifications, but i thought it was a bug or something wrong cause my plan for sure has 500mb.  

Try power off phone for 30 seconds or more and then power on, if it does'nt work, try reset network setting.

You can also try the lost/stolen trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

How would doing all this Help? The $15 Plan never ever had 500mb data. It was always 250MB if you have set up Auto Pay. So the Original Poster got exactly what he or she should have had. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daniel4 wrote:

The $15 plan IS 250mb. You got what you paid for. Nothing more. Nothing less. There are data add-ons available for purchase to tie you over to your next renewal.

Edit: ninja'd by LovesToPM. 🙂

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How much data does your account say you used? What tells you you only used 250, your account or your phone?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Daniel4 wrote:

The data that comes with the $15 plan is 250 MB.

If you need more data, you can buy Data Add-On or switch to the $25 plan.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Daniel4 wrote:

Try power off phone for 30 seconds or more and then power on, if it does'nt work, try reset network setting.

You can also try the lost/stolen trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.