cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cell phone was Stolen |HELP

lifereloaded
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my cellphone was stolen and im trying to deactivate it so that the person who stole it cannot use it anymore but it says i have to create a account to do so and when i try it asks for my number i put it in and then asks for the 6 digit code sent to the phone i do not have the stupid phone therefor cannot get the code . how the heck do i cancel the phone so this person cant use my phone anymore

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @lifereloaded,

We've responded to your PM. Please check your inbox!

Best,

Syed

Did you setup the Find my Device access for your phone, based on it's operating system?

iOS, and Android have this ability, and you can use it to lock or even wipe the device.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lifereloaded, did somebody actually physically remove the phone from your possession without authorization?  Did you lose it?  You have been advised on what to do on the Public Mobile end.  If you are totally distraught about someone using your phone, you could try calling Telus in the morning and asking them to blacklist the phone.  All you need to do is supply IMEI, phone number and they should be able to poll their logs to substantiate the case.  If Telus will play ball, this can be a whole lot quicker than having Public Mobile work on your account. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jedivision wrote:

sign in with your username and password and go to My Account.

My Account > Plan and Add Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone

If you can't sign into your account you'll have to connect with a MOD

OP had not created an online account yet.  Online account is create automatically during online activation.  If OP activated his/her account in store,s/he need her/his phone to receive a code.  OP's phone was stolen, Only way to report stolen phone is send private message to moderator for help.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lifereloaded

If you had not created an online account, you need to send a private meaage to moderator to suspend your account. But the moderator wait time is up to 48 hours.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jedivision
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sign in with your username and password and go to My Account.

My Account > Plan and Add Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone

If you can't sign into your account you'll have to connect with a MOD

Need Help? Let's chat.