cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account is truly messed up now

Fletch12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was out of the country for 41/2 months and forgot to add money to my account before the 90 day deadline. My account got closed and I lost my number. It was suggested to me that I order a new sim, open a new account and plan and then try to get my old number. When I registered again I totally botched my registration when my fat fingers punched in a wrong number with my email address. I can’t log in as the help info is going to a non existent email. Luckily I still have my community password from my previous account. I need to start an account ticket so I can get this all straightened out. 

2 REPLIES 2

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Fletch12 

Do you know the error you made with your email address? Did you print or screenshot your transaction summary at the end of your activation? If you know the mistaken email address and password you should still be able to log into your account. If you tried immediately after activation you will sometimes get an error message. Waiting for a half hour or so to pass and trying again may be successful. Try again...... but give yourself a better shot by....

1. Clearing your browser history.
  2. Close your browser and all open tabs/windows.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. If you have a desktop or laptop use it instead of a mobile device.
  5. Open only one tab/window.
  6. Chrome, safari or Microsoft Edge work best.
  7. Use secret/incognito mode.
  8. Carefully type each letter/digit (including the wrong one in your case.)

If this still doesn't work then contact customer support (you will need to anyways to correct your email address.) Once you sort out your email address and gain access to your self serve account you can ask the CSA if they can retrieve your phone number from the hold number pool (assuming it was originally a pm/koodo/telus phone number). Normally phone numbers are held for a minimum of 60 to 90 days before they are released into the available number pool. Good luck!

You probably have better luck sending a private message since your community account email address doesn't match your self serve account's email. Explain in detail your issues in your private message. Click below to send a private message...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or for a little more info on the info you will need to verify your account read the spoiler in the linked post below....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fletch12 

Unfortunately, for nonpayment longer than 90 days. Your number will be lost and account closed and SIM rendered useless…no way around this. Your old number will be returned to the original carrier that you got your old number from.

It will be slim to none to get your old number back unless the number is from Koodo or Telus then you might have a slim chance of getting it back.

Worth a try and submit a ticket on SIMon Chatbot below or private message them above.

Need Help? Let's chat.