cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My US roaming data is not working

schristine88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the roaming data for the US this morning in Canada. 

Now I'm in San Francisco but the roaming data is not available. 

Yes, the add on appears on my profile and yes I have turned my phone off and on. 

But it's not working!Also  It says that I purchased 1gb data add on AND 250 mgb data add on. I only purchased the latter. But either way my roaming data is not working. 

I'd like a refund or get this activated right away. 

3 REPLIES 3

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@schristine88 wrote:

Yes, the add on appears on my profile and yes I have turned my phone off and on. 

But it's not working!Also  It says that I purchased 1gb data add on AND 250 mgb data add on. I only purchased the latter. But either way my roaming data is not working. 

@schristine88 

U.S. Roaming Add-ons are enabled a soon as you buy them and automatically. With the US add-ons, you need to connect to the roaming partner networks (AT&T, T-Mobile) in order to use the service.  The Public Mobile network is only available in Canada.  All roaming usage involves being able to connect to a roaming partner's network. If data is purchased, roaming data needs to be enabled. Make sure you enable roaming on your phone. You need to make sure your phone has "ROAMING" settings turned to on.

In my experience when you click enable roaming on your phone, the phone gives you a warning. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS YOU MAY INCUR MASSIVE CHARGES."  Pretty sure all phones have roaming disabled by default for this reason.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@schristine88 wrote:

Q: How do I enable roaming on my device?
A: Here’s how to enable for iPhones and Androids:
How to enable roaming on an iPhone:
Select Settings > Cellular > move ‘Data Roaming’ to the ‘ON’ position.
How to enable roaming on Android:
Open ‘Settings’.
In ‘Wireless & Networks’, select ‘More’.
Choose ‘Mobile Networks’.
On some Android devices, you may need to choose ‘Battery & Data Manager’, and then ‘Data Delivery’
Add the check mark by the ‘Data Roaming’ option.
On some phones, the option is called ‘Global Data Roaming Access’: choose it, and then choose ‘Enable Data Roaming Access’.

For more info please see the following article:

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you try lost and stolen on the self serve accout? in the meantime, you can send a private message to MOD to ask for the refund as this add on only works for 10 days, they may get back to you within two days.

Need Help? Let's chat.