Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple lines in 1 account & porting from CIK

fchung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community, 

I have 2 questions here please:

1. Is it possible to port a phone line from CIK? I am not sure if it's still a land line as it's internet based... we have porter our land line from Telus over to them years ago and now wanting to switch to PM. If it is indeed an internet phone now, how long does it take for the porting to complete?

2. I already have a PM account that has one line, is it possible to use the same account for this 2nd line if 1 above is possible?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fchung wrote:

Hi Community, 

1. Is it possible to port a phone line from CIK? I am not sure if it's still a land line as it's internet based... we have porter our land line from Telus over to them years ago and now wanting to switch to PM. If it is indeed an internet phone now, how long does it take for the porting to complete?

@fchung  Yes you can.

2. I already have a PM account that has one line, is it possible to use the same account for this 2nd line if 1 above is possible?

No, you will need to create a new account but you can use the same payment method. If your email provider supports aliases just use an email alias for your second account.

Thanks.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@fchung wrote:

1. Is it possible to port a phone line from CIK? I am not sure if it's still a land line as it's internet based...

Looks like CIK uses VoIP for their phone service. As long as you can get your Account number and name exactly as it is on your CIK you should be able to port it. However, be aware it could take a week or more to complete from VoIP providers.

You'll have to create a new account with it's own unique email address separate from your existing account. Downside is you need to login to each separately to manage them - upside is that you can "refer" the second one from the first one to get the referal rewards.

Some email providers easily allow alias email addresses - ie for gmail user@gmail.com will also automatically receive mail sent to user+something@gmail.com but public mobile will consider them unique addresses.

@fchung you can also use an email alias. If your email is gmail and its fchung@gmail.com. You could for ex use fchung+da@gmail.com. make sure its under 30 characters. Since there is a 30 character hard limit on the activation page. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@fchung wrote:

Hi Community, 

Thanks.

@fchung hi it might be prudent to contact CIK to get a definitive answer to your 1st question 2 you need a separate email/account for each phone

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fchung hi if it was a telus number before you should be able to port it to public it can take up to a week for a voip based port to complete and no you need a second account and sim plus a new email for each phone you port 

@fchung wrote:

Hi Community, 

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fchung wrote:

One account, one email, one SIM, one phone number. Others can have their say on 1.

Need Help? Let's chat.