cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from one region to another within Ontario, can I keep the same phone number?

Ocabb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I will be moving from the 613 region to the 705 region in Ontario and since the package I have include's unlimited Ontario calling, can I keep the same phone number even if I'll be in a different phone region most of the time?

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes.  Move away!  lol

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can move about "in province" with no issues to you.

As for friends or family that might have to call you and pay long distance. They could text you (cheaply) and ask for you to call them.  Or you could use Skype, Whats App, Hangouts for calling or texting too.  

So many easy way to work around that small hurdle. 🙂

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Dont worry. You can still use it

pratchak
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No problem at all. You can use the same number anywhere in Ontario without any problem. 

Shouldn't be any issue since most of then peoples have at least province wide calling I live in Hamilton but have grimsby number other peoples get charged id they only have city wide calling as long you are within Ontario keeping or changing number won't effect you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We are about more than a decade behind nations like the US which has pretty much done away with long distance calling within the country.  I guess when there is a lack of competition, the carriers can charge a customer long distance to call someone across the street.  We can only hope that one day the area code is just another 3 digits in a 10 digit phone number. 

Ocabb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perfect thank you, I'm not too concerned about other people's LD charge. Most people I know from this area code already has Canada wide calling or something, so it shouldn't be an issue.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, there is nothing preventing you from keeping the same phone number when you move.   You won't have issues making outgoing calls within Ontario.  The only issue is, when others from within your new 705 area code region call you, they may or may not face LD charges when dialling your 613 number, depending on their calling plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.