cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to new 90 day plan, but my rewards didn’t multiply by 3x

suthek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ admin 

looking for help looking into why i didnt get 3x the 30 day rewards when moving to a 90 day plan. 

something seems to be broken in your systems logic. Also, i used to be able to put a support ticket in privately. Can’t seem to figure out how to do that in the new layout. Guidance appreciated. 

edited by computergeek541: the above tagged username is not an admin account and does not belong to any Public Mobile employee.

21 REPLIES 21

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Mister_E- I'm probably misinterpreting but I think we're agreeing. Preferring outcomes is not the same as reality.

Mister_E

@dust2dust wrote:

@Mister_E- Canceling mid-paid has not to my knowledge ever got any refund or money back.

Exactly.  They're 90 day contracts where you've agreed to and paid for up-front.  There are no refunds.  And for that exact same reason, if you're entitled to rewards, they must also be pre-applied.

You're agreeing to use the service with their conditions (plan details) for the next 90 days and you pre-pay.  That automatically means rewards are also earned and must be applied up-front.  If you don't use the service over those 90 days, that's not PMs fault.  The next 90 days aren't guaranteed (and also why plan prices aren't guaranteed) so they're not indebted to you over unpaid rewards.  If you don't pay, you don't get service.

Regarding the upcoming - that's the issue - on another account it doesn't look like that - it simply shows $0 for all rewards and CS appears to imply that they'll populate over the next 90 days.  I don't think so.

@Mister_E- Canceling mid-paid has not to my knowledge ever got any refund or money back.

Yes, at the end of the 90 days. But again with the new system this may have changed.

That upcoming has never reflected a future plan change.

Mister_E

But that's what you're saying:  I've paid up-front for the next 90 days, within those 90 days I'd receive 3x reward credit (we'll say autopay, so total $6).  Instead of renewing, I cancel so PM now owes me for the past 90 days of rewards earned ($6+tax).

Of course it doesn't work that way - PM is not a post-paid service.  The same reason you can't exceed your data limit - it's simply cutoff (unlike other providers who will post-charge you for usage).

These 90 day plans are 90 day contracts/terms - you've paid for the next 90 days - any rewards you're entitled to MUST be pre-applied as well!

It also why the "Upcoming Payment" page should properly show you what your expected payment is:

payment.png

@Mister_E- Yup on the first sentence. Highly unlikely indeed on the other.

Mister_E

Rewards were EARNED for the prior month and applied to the next pre-payment - it's really simple.

So, by the same logic, if I cancel my plan I can expect a reward (+tax) credit cheque from PM?  I HIGHLY doubt it.

@Mister_E- Pre-paying for service. The rewards had always been paid after.

Mister_E

We're Pre-paying for the next 30 days - not Post-paying for the past 30 days.   Earned rewards MUST be applied on the pre-payment.

Eg. a new account is created at $39/30days.  They pay $39 up-front.  They then setup autopay which entitles a $2 reward.  The next payment (for the next 30 days) is $37.  On a 90 day plan, it's all simply x3 - $39 x 3 - $2 x 3 = $111 Pre-paid.  The next 90 days are paid for regardless.

I started on PM with a 90 day plan many years ago (currently enjoy the $5 loyalty reward) and it always worked that way.

@Mister_E- This return of 90 day plans has brought back all the questions and might explain why they dropped it a few years ago.

The way it SHOULD happen going from 30 to 90 is that you get the past 30 days of entitled reward upon changing plans due to rewards are for the past plan period, not the future.

But we seem to be seeing all kinds of variations happening. So who knows.

Mister_E

This does not make sense as plans are PRE-PAID and rewards should be PRE-APPLIED (as it was in the past).

I've paid for 90 days, regardless of whether or not I use the plan - I WON'T be refunded if I cancel a plan prior to the 90 days.

By the same logic, if I were to cancel, then you're saying PM will send me a credit cheque for the rewards(+tax)?   I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

@suthek 

in theory one should receive those missing rewards at the end and rebalance the account. it puts the ball in PMs court for high rewards customers. especially if one doesn't receive those rewards at the end then that is a win for Telus. they've turned a free account back into a paying account

suthek

Oh! So I’m still getting it all just at various intervals. 
ok thanks. Dang that was a micro heart attack. 

i wish they’d clearly articulate all this on screen when selecting a 90 day plan. 

@suthek wrote:

This isn't a bug, nor has anything been lost. You will get the rewards in the future.”

But didn’t you just say refer a friend rewards are no longer 3x on 90 day plans? That would be a bunch lost on 2 months no longer getting referral credits? 

maybe I’m not understanding your previous statement about referral rewards. 

The referral-a-friends rewards will be paid every 30 days.

suthek

This isn't a bug, nor has anything been lost. You will get the rewards in the future.”

But didn’t you just say refer a friend rewards are no longer 3x on 90 day plans? That would be a bunch lost on 2 months no longer getting referral credits? 

maybe I’m not understanding your previous statement about referral rewards. 

@computergeek541- I know. It's a mess. Then there's karnbot something who lost 2x going from 90 to 30 and then got 3x going back from 30 to 90. It's a mess.

@dust2dust wrote:

What a mess. Reports are all over the place. It should be that it's only 1x rewards going from 30 to 90. Then through the 90 days up to the end you get a total of 3x.

I'm one of the customers who got 3x for pre-authorized payments going from a 30-day to a 90-day plan even though Public Mobile says that I should have only got $6 just before my next renewal.

@suthek wrote:

That can’t be proper logic. That seems like a bug. 
is that PM’s official stance? 

basically just lost a bunch of money on renewal because of this “new” behaviour. 

This isn't a bug, nor has anything been lost. You will get the rewards in the future.  Rewards are issued for completed plan cycles, not for plan cycles being started. This is the way that it has always been, even on the old 90-day plans.   The only difference between the reward payments now for 90-day plans for those who used to be on  90-day plan is you will receive some of the rewards before your next renewal. This is actually in the customer's favor.

suthek

@CS_Agent 
can you clarify what’s supposed to happen? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What a mess. Reports are all over the place. It should be that it's only 1x rewards going from 30 to 90. Then through the 90 days up to the end you get a total of 3x.

suthek

That can’t be proper logic. That seems like a bug. 
is that PM’s official stance? 

basically just lost a bunch of money on renewal because of this “new” behaviour. 

@suthek wrote:

looking for help looking into why i didnt get 3x the 30 day rewards when moving to a 90 day plan. 

something seems to be broken in your systems logic. Also, i used to be able to put a support ticket in privately. Can’t seem to figure out how to do that in the new layout. Guidance appreciated. 

Refer-a-friends no longer get multiplied by 3.  My experience have also been that loyalty rewards also are no longer multiplied by 3.  This is a recent change and some the rewards will be be paid monthly instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.