Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move the existing number to a micro or nano Sim

merekore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there,

Hope that you are doing well.

I want to change the phone. But my old has the big old SIM. The new phone has the micro or nano SIM. I ordered for a new SIM, but don't know how to activate this new SIM keeping my existing phone number. Kindly help.

Mashkura 

14 REPLIES 14

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Nice to see it worked. 🙂

merekore

@ RodgerB Please refresh the page and restart the phone. It takes a bit if time.

RodgerB

I have done this with my new sim, but nothing is happening...Help

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@merekore glad we could help.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

merekore

It worked! Thanks 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@merekore you sign into your self-serve account, click the Plans and Add-ons tab, then click the Change Sim Card sub-tab.  Enter in the new SIM card number, and click Submit.  Done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

merekore
I got the sim when public mobile introduced the sim. I don't believe at that moment different types of sim exists. I parchased a new sim by ordering in public mobile website. Now my problem is how to activate that sim by keeping same number. Can you help me?

@merekore When did you join Public Mobile? Look closely at the SIM you already have; you may be able to push out to size you need.

Otherwise, see if there is a WOW Mobile kiosk near you and go there to pick up a new SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
We're all talking about the SIM card punch out?

TheOldVR

What @stonechucker said.... 

I made the same phone move and just had to punch out the nano sim from the micro sim, and voila!

As mentionned above the new SIM cards came in all three sizes included so you just punch out the size you are looking for

Just to confirm, your current card is the old fully solid SIM?

Newer cards are the triple punch, which are all 3 sizes at once.

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Make sure you setup the new SIM card first and then once it is working (talk, text and data) and on the plan you want. Then you transfer over your other number to PM.

koimr1

Click "Plan and Add-ons" at the top, then click "Change Sim Card". You'll be prompted for the new SIM number, enter that and click "Submit". 🙂

Any problems, contact a moderator via private message and make sure to include your phone #, email address and the new SIM # along with a brief description of the problem (only include that info in a PRIVATE MESSAGE, never publically).

Need Help? Let's chat.