cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Moto G54 Dual-SIM 256GB ROM + 8GB RAM (Only GSM | No CDMA)

Saravann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

i am thinking of switching cell phone but not sure whether this phone will work with Public Mobile network or not.  would anyone be able to help... this phone is from Amazon.ca

Motorola Moto G54 Dual-SIM 256GB ROM + 8GB RAM (Only GSM | No CDMA)

5 REPLIES 5

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I personally use Motorola Phones & their Edge series is really good with PM. I used to hone an Edge 2021, then moved to Edge+ 2023. They work just fine, in terms of calling (VoLTE) & data (250Mbps+ in some places) 
If you have in your mind to get a new device, preferably go for the new Moto Edge 2024. Solid device + new features. You would not regret it! 

eddieO

@Saravann, I forgot to mention, since you are looking for a new phone I highly recommend finding something that is on PM's whitelist for VoLTE devices. The link below should help but keep in mind that even if the phone is not whitelisted it should still work here, it just makes it easier incase you want to use it in the US and not have to deal with a 2G speed only available through T-Mobile.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

eddieO

Have a look on Facebook Marketplace, I find people are selling lots of "free" phones that they received from their carriers that are not flagship phones. I've sold many my self and they were literally brand new for around $300 or less, stuff like Samsung Galaxy A13 5G or Galaxy A32 5G. Good luck

Saravann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah base on the description.. it is supporting (UMTS) but that is only one out of many... so not sure i am willing to take the chance... unlocked phone these days are so darn expensive...

eddieO

@Saravann, I don't see the phone you are interested in (Motorola Moto G54) listed on the available phones for TELUS or Koodo on their web sites and when I look to compare cellular bands between this phone and the Motorola Moto G 5G which is on both the TELUS and Koodo sites, the Moto G54 seems to be missing some bands. It might work for the majority of the time but keep in mind the missing bands could affect service. I mention TELUS and Koodo as PM is owned by TELUS and uses their infrastructure.

Need Help? Let's chat.