cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Moto E5 on PM Network

Alejandra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - I'm looking at buying an inexpensive phone for my kids to use on PM.  One I'm looking at is the Motorola Moto E5 and I'm wondering how I confirm if this phone will work on the PM network.  I know that PM has a feature on their website where you can confirm compatibility, but you need the IMEI of the phone to do this and I'm not sure how I do this if I don't yet have a specific phone.  Does anyone know specifically if the Motorolo Moto E5 will work?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Friend just purchased E5. Works fine on Public Mobile. 

GC 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Alejandra

Is this your phone that you are interested?

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_e5-9008.php

If it is the phone, it should work since it covers the following 

Public Mobile works on following frequencies: 

• For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  • For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  • For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

mynamejc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alejandra wrote:

Hi - I'm looking at buying an inexpensive phone for my kids to use on PM.  One I'm looking at is the Motorola Moto E5 and I'm wondering how I confirm if this phone will work on the PM network.  I know that PM has a feature on their website where you can confirm compatibility, but you need the IMEI of the phone to do this and I'm not sure how I do this if I don't yet have a specific phone.  Does anyone know specifically if the Motorolo Moto E5 will work?  Thanks!

On the motorola.ca website the E5 Play has the following bands:

Networks + bands

4G LTE (Cat6), CDMA / EVDO Rev A, UMTS / HSPA+ GSM / EDGE

4G: TDD LTE band 38/41(Full) FDD LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17/25/26/29/30/66

3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8

2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8 CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10

It's pentaband 3G and has band 4 + 7 on LTE so you're good for Public Mobile.

@Alejandra wrote:

Don't use the Public Mobile site for that.  The compatibility check feature of that is next to useless.  Instead, make sure yourself that the phone specifically has at least UMTS 850 and 1900MHz  (umts bands 2 and 5).

mynamejc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi you can use this website:

https://willmyphonework.net/

Do you have the specific model? Can google it to check if it has the necessary LTE bands. It will work on 3G but I think theres 2 versions although I believe if you bought it in Canada it should work on LTE on PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.