cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G Pure from Publicmobile store

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a heads up.

Do all the updates system and playstore and your apps over wifi without a sim card.

6 plus reboots and and Moto G Pure upgrades to Android 12.

Took the better part of a day and do it with on site supervision ie. manually restart the phone after upgrade step otherwise the upgrade take days and days!

This will save the  new user some tears and data.

Cheers to Publicmobile for the good like new certified phones.

Works with VoLTE

Cheers

🤓

🤓

11 REPLIES 11

farmbot

Checked the data counter on phone

>4 GB data to upgrade system and my apps

Better do on private network if possible ✔️

farmbot_0-1680361047815.png

farmbot

Back to the phone

9 updates for a 2021 moto G pure

Now at Android 12

security patch Feb 1 2023

fully up to date 

Information for those looking to purchase from Publicmobile store

farmbot_0-1680359822027.png

@farmbot i agree? starbucks internet is  more stable and faster one .  The coffee a bit more $$, but they give better service:)

farmbot

farmbot_0-1680359038159.png 

farmbot_1-1680359095471.png

And an refillable cup of wifi

lol

Indeed @farmbot 

Fast food , slow free wi-fi.

Maybe that's by design.   The slower things get done with their wi-fi, the more folks may order.  🤔

farmbot

Home wifi private network best

Public wifi such as Starbucks has very high speed internet >25Mb/sec

Others such as McDonalds your mileage may vary  slow very slow 🐢

Agree @will13am , not 'necessary' at all, however users should also ensure no wi-fi assist programs are enabled which will switch the device to mobile data when wi-fi connections are weak/poor.

I doubt these settings are default anyway, but good to double check if relying on public wi-fi sites with spotty wi-fi coverage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't think that removing the SIM card is necessary.  If there is concerns of WiFi disconnect, disable mobile data.  As the how long an update takes, it is dependent on the amount of new items being added and the number of user apps.  Going up an android edition usually takes a little longer.  Due to A/B partitioning, the update can take place in the background without affecting normal use so how long the update takes is rather immaterial.  

farmbot

farmbot_0-1680358002485.png

X20

lol

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Indeed, @farmbot , I would recommend any system intensive resources using internet be done on a reliable, and somewhat faster, home wi-fi network.

Stay away from free public wi-fi sites when doing these things.   Unless you ordered a very, very large coffee.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@farmbot 

So, it works on VoLTE perfectly?  great to hear!!

yes, unfortunately, even new phone, it usually won't update the OS and so need some time to get it up to update

thanks for sharing your experience

Need Help? Let's chat.