cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Invoice Increase

dellen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why did my monthly bill increase???  May 10, 2024 $32.77 - June 9, 2024 - $ 39.55

10 REPLIES 10

hi @sman123 another option, better one , is to change to $34 Canada -US plan  with 50GB, more data and more service and no hassle of carrier change 

sman123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Or I could just move to Lucky Mobile.  With new activation offers I think I get twice the amount of data.   No more loyalty program means no incentive to stick with Public.   

hi @sman123 no one ask you to reduce service. You never confirm what service you have.

Many have $35 -3Gb plan, a $29-10Gb is an upgrade with price reduction 

sman123

Reducing the level of service just to try keep the price the same is not a solution to what amounts to a 100% price increase for some people.  The points thing is just a marketing gimmick that amounts to almost no savings in comparison to the loyalty rewards.  It's pennies on the dollar, so may as well be nothing.

hi @sman123 put the Points aside, are you on the $35 plan from before?? the current $29-10GB plan should be a great replacement plan 

@sman123  The points are not even close to recapturing anything

I did not say that they were, I was merely pointing out that, for example, someone on the $25 1GB 3G speed plan now has the option of switching to a $19 1GB 4G speed plan, which for some people would make up at least partially for the loss of $ rewards.  

sman123

Not as good is an understatement.  It's not even close.  Almost nothing at all in comparison.  It's just a marketing gimmick.

sman123

The points are not even close to recapturing anything.  It's pennies on the dollar.  To suggest that it's kind of the same thing is very misleading at best.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@dellen   Not sure what plan you have but to recapture some of the loss from the change in rewards there might be a better plan you could change to, like the $34 Canada-US or Canada-wide unlimited 50GB 5G plan, or the $29 10GB 4G plan or the $19 1gb 4G plan.  If you do that though make sure to select "change on renewal" and not "change now" or you forfeit what you just paid for.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dellen 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.