cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod please help

Cellexcite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added a gb of data with the help of a mod less than 24 hours before that gb of data was used up.  I did no streaming and cannot for the life of me figure out how a gig of data was used that fast but for some reason I can't sign into the public mobile page to manage my account and add another gb of data. Can a mod please assist in adding another gb of data please.  I authorize the charge immediately thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite 

It sounds like you went through the proper process of contacting the CSA (they are not called moderators anymore) recently. So I'm surprised that you are coming back to the open community with the same request - the CSAs likely spend very little time searching for posts like this in the community. If you need their help you need to contact them.

It's also been pointed out in previous posts and threads that you can add add-ons or change plans in your self serve account.

I see that this is not the first time you run into this. You have never shared what plan you are on and what your usage pattern is.

At Public Mobile, in 2023, there are only a few grandfathered plans that one should hold onto. If you share a bit more information about your plan, your usage pattern and phone model, the community might be able to help you find a cheaper alternative with more data?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Milk Great tip! 

I'm sure this happens to many others without realizing.  

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What happened to me was that in my phone settings I had enabled "use data when WIFI signal weak" - and it used up more then 4 GB of my data before I realized what happened. Suggest check you phone's data and wifi settings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite - where do you see the data used up?

If your phone has a data limiter set on it your data will not work on your phone when it reaches a certain level it is set to. Can you check your settings to confirm how your phone is set up? If this is setting is preventing you from using data from your plan, turn it off or adjust it.

If your data limiter is not set, can you put your SIM card into another phone to test if data works.

Some troubleshooting to do:

1. restart your phone
  2. go into airplane mode, then back to normal mode
  3. reset the device's network settings

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a public forum of all customers used for questions. We can't add data to your account.  As mentioned by @HALIMACS you need to contact a CS agent if you are unable to add data yourself.  But first see if the data is actually not used up. 😊

Let us know what the result is.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You might be better off switching plans to a higher data component as opposed to adding data add-ons continuously. It can get pretty pricey to buy them one gigabyte at a time.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Cellexcite wrote:

I added a gb of data with the help of a mod less than 24 hours before that gb of data was used up.  I did no streaming and cannot for the life of me figure out how a gig of data was used that fast but for some reason I can't sign into the public mobile page to manage my account and add another gb of data. Can a mod please assist in adding another gb of data please.  I authorize the charge immediately thanks. 

Using private mode to login your account by laptop not mobile. Reboot the phone may clear caches on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.