cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working

bujee321
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I put my public mobile sim card into a ASUS zenphone 3 laser and the calling function works fine, but I have no access to the mobile internet function. 

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fatimahas you should first try rebooting your phone.  If your mobile data still isn't working, then please see below for how to reach out for help:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

fatimahas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just made my payment. it was working in last cycle.

fatimahas

My mobile data not working . I paid recently. @CS_Agent

srlawren

@jaspreetkaurt sorry to hear that.  I see that @Mary_M asked you back in February to send her your phone number via private message:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Unable-to-use-mobile-data/m-p/139938/highl....  Have you done that?  Did you get any help at the time?

Other than that, could you please give us some more info such as.....

1) Log into self-serve.  What does your plan details show?  

2) In the My Add-ons area of the Overview page (when you frist log into self-serve), do you see a Data add-on or not?

3) What kind of phone are you using?  Please provide as specific of a model number as possible

4) Did you have any changes around the time the data stopped working?  For example, an Android or iOS system update maybe?

5) Have you verified your APN settings?

6) Have you rebooted your phone anytime recently?  If not, please do so and let us know if that makes any change.

7) Are you sure you have mobile data enabled on the phone?  It's fairly easy to turn it off by accident and not notice--I've done this a few times.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jaspreetkaurt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My mobile data is not working since a month. Please help

srlawren

@almaggi71 I'm glad to hear it's working again!  🙂

almaggi71

Redid the APN settings and took out the battery. Something worked! I have data! Thanks. Hope this is the last of this problem. Cheers.

srlawren
@almaggi71 good luck, let us know how it turns out.

almaggi71

Thanks for responding. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 neo. Android 6.0.1. I have a plan with 12 gigs of data for 90 days and I've only used about 1/10 of it. Somebody else told me to blank out the APN and do it again from scratch. I'm going to try that. Wish me luck...

srlawren

@almaggi71 

Fist, sign into your self-serve account and verify that you haven't used all of your data.  If you haven't, it will show on the Overview page when you first sign in, in the My Add-ins section.  It should show something like "531.958 / 12288 MB", which is what mine currently shows.  This means I've used about a half gig out of my available 12 GB for this plan cycle.  If you've used it all up, this info will be missing from My Add-ins.  

Second, what is the brand and model of your phone?  What version of operating system (Android Android 5.1, 6.0.1, Android 7, etc or iOS 9, iOS10.2, etc).  

almaggi71

I can't even figure out how to ask this question, so finally I'm replying to this message. Hopefully someone who can help sees this. I switched before Christmas. Had data. Data stopped working. Followed the APN instructions. Data worked again...and now it doesn't...again.

Tino_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just try to follow the instructions that the second floor replied. If still does not work, thrn let the mods help you after the holiday. Everything will be OK. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It's likely you don't have the correct APN settings on your phone.  Follow this thread on how to set the APN.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Need Help? Let's chat.