cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network not available

NorHenonPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Despite going through all of the options of Restarting my android phone, Removing the SIM card and checking for damage/correct fitment prior to reinstalling, Turning on and off Airplane mode, Manually selecting the Network (which it can't fine) then using Automatic selection, and checking that I have the latest updates, I am still unable to connect.

My other android phone connects without issue.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or have a resolve?

15 REPLIES 15

NorHenonPM

Backup on a daily basis to Google cloud

Updates are downloaded and installed automatically with the last being on Nov 3rd

@NorHenonPM wrote:

Still under warranty as I bought it from a local outlet

@NorHenonPM   be prepared that they might ask you to wipe the phone and test again.  Make sure you backup your stuff

also, did you install any OS update lately?  wonder if it is related

On the other hand, check if there is any OS update, maybe a new one will refresh something and jump start it again

NorHenonPM

I'll take it back to the dealership tomorrow and see what they have to say.

NorHenonPM

Still under warranty as I bought it from a local outlet

HI @NorHenonPM   So, it further confirmed that it is the phone.    😞

You need to get a temp. phone for now until you either get a new phone or get this fixed

Brianrap
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a similar issue a number of months ago on my Samsung S21. Tried everything you have done and still wouldn't connect to PM-didn't even "see" the network. Phone worked fine on the three major networks and the SIM worked in another phone. Sent it in to Samsung 3 times and their engineers couldn't figure it out as the phone worked perfectly on all the major networks, including Telus. Samsung gave up and sent me a new phone. I realize this might be of any help to you and hopefully someone has some advice of what else you can try as they offered many suggestions to me, but none of them worked. Obviously some sort of an issue with the Samsung phone and PM network but even their engineers couldn't figure it out. Good luck. 

@NorHenonPM  could be a faulty phone.  You still have warranty for it?

and where you got it from? if you got it from Markplaces or private sell, check if the phone is blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

NorHenonPM

Phone is a 2021 Motorola  (moto g power)

Tried resetting all network without success.

Put the SIM from the other phone in and do not get a connection. 

@NorHenonPM wrote:

Other phone connects without issues with the SIM card from the problematic phone. Account has not been suspended.

HI@NorHenonPM   then it is a phone problem and not account or sim card

what kind of phone is that?  

Try a Reset All Network and it might help

and put a good sim in to this problematic phone and see if it works

NorHenonPM

Other phone connects without issues with the SIM card from the problematic phone. Account has not been suspended.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@NorHenonPM   your other android phone connects without issue, so put your problematic sim into this good phone and see if it works

If still does not work, check My Account and check if the account is suspended

NorHenonPM

I have also seen these reports and find it strange that my other cell phone is working fine.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You don't seem to be on the only one with a similar issue. I have seen a couple reports already of service abruptly stopping for people. 

NorHenonPM

Appreciate the quick response.

I agree that the weather is atrocious and in this instance I cant blame it as my other cell phone, which is also on this network, is not having issues.

I have submitted a ticket 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NorHenonPM  I think weather is affecting many folks at this time unfortunately, but you can always try submitting a ticket 

Need Help? Let's chat.