cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed important phone calls from doctor , because service is not working for incoming calls

Fchn292pm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

having problem and can’t receive incoming calls. Calling out is ok. 

As I’m taking care of my farther who is going through treatment , a lot of the communities with doctors and nurses are done by phone communication instead of in-person .Have missed important phone calls and doctor can’t call to discuss .

unstable service causes serious issues, in this case, life and health .

Ive tried ‘trouble shooting solutions ‘ but not working. Submitted a ticket and the turn around time to get some agent contacting me is 48 hours !!! 

33 REPLIES 33

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try restarting your phone, or do a factory reset.

Fchn292pm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, I’ve been using public mobile and the same number for a year now 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Fchn292pm wrote:

having problem and can’t receive incoming calls. Calling out is ok. 

As I’m taking care of my farther who is going through treatment , a lot of the communities with doctors and nurses are done by phone communication instead of in-person .Have missed important phone calls and doctor can’t call to discuss .

unstable service causes serious issues, in this case, life and health .

Ive tried ‘trouble shooting solutions ‘ but not working. Submitted a ticket and the turn around time to get some agent contacting me is 48 hours !!! 

@Fchn292pm Are you a new customer who just ported in a number from someone else? If so:

There is a relatively new procedure introduced by all cell companies to prevent fraudulent ports. You will receive a text SMS from your provider asking you to authorize the port. You have 90 minutes to reply. If you did not receive the SMS for whatever reason you can call 1-*** and have them fix the port. If you answered the SMS it can take a few hours for the port to complete. You can continue using your old sim until it stops working. Then insert your PM sim and you should be good to go.

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.