cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to Public Mobile

JoeLast
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I migrate to Public Mobile while keeping the same phone number of the other carrier I’m migrating from?

3 REPLIES 3

Pavi-aj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you can, I changed to public mobile and still have my old phone number. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JoeLast 

Most the time you can port your number into PM, but better to use this link to confirm your number is eligible to port first (it is a Koodo site because both Koodo and PM use the same Telus system):
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

Then, make sure your old provider account is still active.  Login to your old provider account and make note of the account number

Next, get a Public Mobile sim card from

(or you can use eSIM if your phone is compatible)

Once you have the sim card, activate your account by using the PM app (preferred way) or online on PM web site - https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans , pick a plan and click Subscribe.  (Please note you can start from the site but you will still need to download the app to complete the activation after the payment step).   
After the payment step, you will get to the phone number step.  You will request to Transfer your exiting number instead of picking a new number.  Please provide your current phone number and the account number of the old provider as the porting info.

Once activation is completed , still have the old provider sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can put your PM sim card in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JoeLast 

yes, you can. Make sure the account on the old provider still active.  Get the account number

Then use  PM app to subscribe.  After payment, it will ask you about number, choose transfer and provide phone number and account number

Need Help? Let's chat.