cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS to FREEDOM/WIND subscribers from/by PUBLICMOBILE subscribers

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

MMS failing.

We have three different PM subscribers, SIMS, plans and accounts. 3G and LTE data plan subscriptions both fail, though 3G may be the dominate data scheme. Three different phones -- one apple, one android samsung, and one android OnePlus.

No PM subscriber can get a MMS through to FREEDOM/WIND subscribers (two different F/W accounts and phones). SMS, yes. MMS no. Each (all) of the PM subscribers can SMS and MMS with all other carriers' subscribers. Only FREEDOM/WIND MMS fails.

From the same house at the same time, a BELL and ROGERS subscribers can get an MMS through to the FREEDOM/WIND subscribers.

WIND/FREEDOM to PUBLICMOBILE MMS works. 

Suggestions welcome.

/S

18 REPLIES 18

s2scotty
@s2scotty  Would be intersting to hear what the response/soloution from the PM moderator/Telus tech team is. keep us posted.

Well, the @CS_Agent account has had the message over a week and total silence. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I could understand SMS problems since Sunday to/from Freedom customers as SMS is delivered over the voice network not the data network and voice service is where the problem has been with Freedom since Sunday.

Terry

Bubbly100

I have never heard of such problems between the two carriers should work fine between both parties! 

@JackQuint wrote:

It's a Telus wide issue. MMS from Telus' networks seem to have issues but it seems phone and account dependent. My wife is on Telus and my primary phone is on Freedom and her MMS never come through (we just use WhatsApp instead for pics). One of my best friends is also on Telus and no issues with his MMS.

I've never had an issue with a Rogers or Bell based account and MMS to/from Freedom. Something quirky about Telus but it's not system wide.

@s2scotty  Would be intersting to hear what the response/soloution from the PM moderator/Telus tech team is. Please keep us posted.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's a Telus wide issue. MMS from Telus' networks seem to have issues but it seems phone and account dependent. My wife is on Telus and my primary phone is on Freedom and her MMS never come through (we just use WhatsApp instead for pics). One of my best friends is also on Telus and no issues with his MMS.

I've never had an issue with a Rogers or Bell based account and MMS to/from Freedom. Something quirky about Telus but it's not system wide.

s2scotty

@geopublic wrote:
@s2scotty When you look at your usage logs does the mms mms entry show up?

09/07/2019 8:47 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00

09/07/2019 3:55 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00
08/07/2019 7:59 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00
07/07/2019 9:51 Data Event 4370000000 4370000000 ON 1 MMS $0.00

These are to F/W subscriber. These entries look identical to successful entries with other carriers (i.e. non-FREEDOM/WIND).

/S

s2scotty

@geopublic, we only know two FREEDOM subscribers and it is both of them that MMS fails (100% of our sampling of two fails 100% of the time).  /S

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@s2scotty , I was a Wind customer for a number of years before moving here.  There was always hit and miss problems with MMS.  My take on it is the problem continues.  I know it is not a solution, but it is what it is.  I don't exchange a lot of MMS with my contacts, but I never had any issues sending and receiving.  I literally do not have any Freedom users in my contact list.  They have all been "converted".  

@s2scotty wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@s2scotty unless someone else here has any ideas I would suggest you contact a moderator click here

I already have the ticket up and going as well. /S

@s2scotty Is it the one freedom subscriber or all freedom subscribers? When you look at your usage logs does the mms mms entry show up?

s2scotty

@RossN wrote:

@s2scotty unless someone else here has any ideas I would suggest you contact a moderator click here

I already have the ticket up and going as well. /S

s2scotty

Thanks, @stonechucker but this MMS fail has been ongoing for quite a while. My combination testing predates this outage. /S

@s2scotty I think this is a job for the backroom techies if I were you I would ask the mods to put in a work ticket. should be interesting

Freedom had a huge outage yesterday.  I wonder if this could still be affecting them.

s2scotty

Oh, @RossN, it may not be on purpose but after all the source-destiation testing I've done, it is clear that some thing some where is discrimating. 

I should mention, in all cases, the PM subscribers' user screen status shows status "delievered Now," so PM's catching server has (apparently) caught the device push of the MMS messages. The problem appears farther downstream than the device-gateway interface. I'm betting gateway-gateway or routing error.

/S

@s2scotty Hi I don't think PM discriminates against Freedom mobile users lol all I can say for sure is both parties need their data on very odd situation

s2scotty

@RossN, Each subscriber is working well/properly with every other subscriber combination EXCEPT for PM to FREEDOM/WIND.

i.e. PM to Bell = okay.  PM to Rogers = okay. Bell to FREEDOM = okay ... et cetera.

PM APN's verified. These are long active PM subscribers with updated OS/patche levels. This is most likely a back end "routing" issue.

/S

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@s2scotty  they would also need their data on, is that the case?

Need Help? Let's chat.