cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS stopped working

TL7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I was abroad for a few days and my MMS seems to have stopped working since switching back to my PM sim. 

This has never been an issue before, now the messages just look like they are forever loading. 

Screenshot_20240225_045402_Messages.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Occam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Pixel 7.  MMS isn't working on it either.  I've tried the APN recommendations below, as well as the one on Public Mobile 's site.  Nothing helps.  

Can anyone offer any ideas?

@TL7 again, you tested you sim on another phone and MMS works?? 

If so, you might want to wipe your phone and resetup the phone with the PM sim card inside 

TL7

Yep, I've done all of the above now... unfortunately still not working. 

@TL7 make sure data is turned on

And try Reset All Networks

if still not working, check the APN settings.  Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

TL7

I'm using a Samsung flip 4 and there's been no recent system updates that I can recall...

TL7

Thanks for sharing this article. 

I'm on Samsung Flip 4 which shouldn't be impacted by this update?

@will13am  Agin was just trying To help and I don’t answer every question. BTW  might be classier to private message me your pointers . 

@Handy1 wrote:

@will13am  It wasn’t a copy and pasted reply , and I did say “maybe try “ just trying to help 

Maybe try not giving wrong information to other members?  There is no need to answer every question.  Do you enjoy losing settings on your phone needlessly?  

@will13am  It wasn’t a copy and pasted reply , and I did say “maybe try “ just trying to help 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TL7 

what phone do you have? There was an MMS system thing on Feb 14 and affecting some older phones

And your data , voice, sms are all working and only MMS not sending and receiving?

@Handy1 wrote:

@TL7  maybe try to reset network settings see if that helps . Doing this will erase wifi passwords and you will have to re enter them 

No disrespect intended, consider resetting your canned responses as this one completely missed the mark.  As a hyperactive community member you ought to have known the MMS APN settings change that might affect older devices that are no longer receiving OS updates.  It hurts your brand when you provide incorrect responses.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Please review this article in case it's something which may be impacting you @TL7 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Picture-and-Group-Messaging-End-Date-Fe...

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@TL7  What phone do you have, maybe it is affected by the recent changes to settings for MMS?   Presumably you have cellular data turned on?  Another recent MMS problem seems to have resulted from an update to Android 14, did you do that?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TL7  maybe try to reset network settings see if that helps . Doing this will erase wifi passwords and you will have to re enter them 

Need Help? Let's chat.