cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume in voice calls?

phd10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

According to every single person I call, the volume recorded off my phone is too low for outgoing calls. This is the same issue for my family members who are also on Public and are making outgoing calls. The person on the other line says there is difficulty hearing because the voice is very low. Calls are being made in areas with high signal strength. 

Phones are iPhone 11 and newer Samsung Models. 

6 REPLIES 6

Volume issues would be something up with the phone itself. Try your SIM in a different phone to compare. Try with a headset/earbuds. Try with speakerphone mode. Cellphones are all digital. A weak signal does not equate to a change in volume... maybe some droppouts in audio.

@phd10 wrote:

No one else has experienced this?

I have been a PM customer since February and have had no issues with the person on the other end hearing me. You mentioned outgoing calls. 

phd10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My family is very tech literate. There are no coverings over the microphone like plastic film or anything. The phones are in new and working condition all making calls in high signal areas. The phone's volume has nothing to do with how the microphone picks up my voice. It isn't the other person's phone volume either. I have to be near yelling when making outgoing calls. Phone calls being made to my family on public see no volume issue, only to other people on different providers. I'm really thinking it's Public servers and it's really making me consider switching. There is no bluetooth devices being connected to any phone.

No one else has experienced this?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@phd10 Are you using the phone's speakers or a bluetooth device?  It is possible an unknown bluetooth device is connected, or maybe an app in the background is running/using sound?  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@phd10  doing a quick google search on "iPhone 11 volume low". Many threads come up.

Do you have the plastic film still on your phone? It resolved other people's problems by removing it.

Screenshot_20201014_123245.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Have you checked your phone settings for the volume ?

Need Help? Let's chat.