cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low call volume

Willow23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently changed from android to apple and the in call volume is extremely low. I contacted Apple and they didn’t know how to fix it.  The volume is on high but still no go.  I am using the 3G setting but the LTE setting doesn’t work either. 
Any Apple experts out there?

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Willow23 

I am surprised that Apple didn’t test to see if it is the microphone issue.

On older iPhones, the micro screen on the earpiece sometimes gets plugged up. If you have a magnifying glass to check the micro small holes. Just use a old brush to clean out but DON’T use any solvent as it could damage the microphone.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Willow23 wrote:

Hello,

I recently changed from android to apple and the in call volume is extremely low. I contacted Apple and they didn’t know how to fix it.  The volume is on high but still no go.  I am using the 3G setting but the LTE setting doesn’t work either. 
Any Apple experts out there?

@Willow23 , you said the volume is on high, did you turn it on high during a call or before making the call? That may be a dumb question so if you already know, I’m really sorry.

You have to do it while you're on a call. So, the next time someone calls you, use the Volume Up button on your phone to see if you can turn the volume back to a level comfortable to hear.

Adjusting the volume on iPhone 

How to fix it when iPhone in call volume is low

Also, is your software updated to 16.5 (latest update)

XxdanxX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried readjusting the sim card I've had this issue with a sim card not properly being seated. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Willow23  You sure it is not a device problem?

What happen if you use a bluetooth headphone?

did you try another active sim card from another carrier? this confirm if it is related to PM or not.  Similarly test your sim card back on another phone 

You can try to Reset all networks and see if it helps if you think it is carrier related

For device setting, check if Phone Noise Cancellation is on:

Start with opening 'Settings' and go to the 'Accessibility' option.
Get to the option of 'Phone Noise Cancellation'. Turn it off now by sliding the toggle switch.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Willow23 Which iPhone do you have? How's the volume on speaker? How about when you play music or video? Have you tried taking it to an Apple store to see if they can do anything to fix it?

Need Help? Let's chat.