cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Usage

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Community,

I like my plan and there was an issue with my payment so I accidentally overpaid which shows as a credit on my account.  Not to concerned about that as it will be applied to a future monthly charge.

I am interested to know if PM has in place a low usage level discounts without changing plans?  I find that some months I will use almost to the limit and other months well below it.

Eliza5

47 REPLIES 47

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hi,

@JoyLuck , I am already on a prepaid plan so I think the add-on would increase my monthly charges by $15/month.

I like the roll over idea.

Eliza5

My Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan.

For add-ons.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total                   **🤔The lesser value of the group 🤔

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on and the $15 add-on has International, USA and Canada  while the only real use of the $8 add-on is for USA only calls.

Note: The add ons I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.....the unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

Eliza5

@totalUser , who should I contact to do that?  

Can I do it myself and how?  If I schedule to return to my regular plan let say I pay $40 now and I schedule to return to my old plan 6 months and the plan then costs $50; would I only pay $40?

Would I lose my loyalty reward?

Eliza5

@Eliza5 

How much talk do you do?

You can try downgrading to 15 if you barely use it while distancing

Restrict your background data and disable wifi/data assists (I'm not sure what it's called) you may save quiet some money. You can schedule return any time

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 wrote:

@dabr, you mean I could purchase like an unlimited amount of 1 GB add-on's and only pay $15 each and the GB would keep rolling over until they were exhausted?

I like my plan because in addition to my 1GB/mth I get unlimited talk and text.  At this time, I almost never use up my full GB.

So I think it is best to remain on my current plan.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Eliza5

@Eliza5   Yes all add-ons (except for US roaming) stay on your account until used up.  Depending on your usage it could be days, weeks, months or years? 🙂

@Eliza5 wrote:

@dabr, you mean I could purchase like an unlimited amount of 1 GB add-on's and only pay $15 each and the GB would keep rolling over until they were exhausted?

Eliza5

Yes, that is correct.

Eliza5

I like my plan because in addition to my 1GB/mth I get unlimited talk and text.  At this time, I almost never use up my full GB.

So I think it is best to remain on my current plan.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Eliza5

@Eliza5  which plan are you on? None of the plans have gone up in price since I came here in December. The 1gig data is $15 for a limited time, and no one knows when it will go back up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 wrote:

@dabr,  Just found out my plan just went up by $5/month.  

Currently, how much does 1 GB cost and when does the promo end?

Eliza5

@Eliza5   Plan prices don't go up without 30 days notice from PM.  There hasn't been any increase in prices for the current plans for a while, so you must be mistaken about the $5 increase.  The 1GB data discount can end without notice or PM may post an announcement saying when the discount will end.

@Eliza5 wrote:

Eliza5

Regular price is $30.00

Eliza5

Eliza5

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5   What plan are you on?  Are you talking about calling or data usage, or both?  It is possible to drop to the $15 plan and purchase the add-ons of $5/500 minutes, and also purchase the half price 1GB data (available for limited time) as a back up for when you need more minutes since they don't expire and unused portions remain on your account until completely depleted.  Of course, the discount for the 1GB is temporary so it might be worthwhile getting more than one multiple of it.

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hi,

@JoyLuck , I am already on a prepaid plan so I think the add-on would increase my monthly charges by $15/month.

The add ons are one time purchases you do yourself whenever you need them. You do not get charged each month.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hello Community,

I like my plan and there was an issue with my payment so I accidentally overpaid which shows as a credit on my account.  Not to concerned about that as it will be applied to a future monthly charge.

I am interested to know if PM has in place a low usage level discounts without changing plans?  I find that some months I will use almost to the limit and other months well below it.

Eliza5

@Eliza5 Hi, no it is best just to change your plan to a lower one for a month or two on your next renewel date until you figure you might need your regular plan again stay safe!!

Eliza5

Hi,

I like the roll over idea.

Eliza5

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

PM has no overages @Eliza5  , so there is no,such thing as a low usage discount . But I'm curious in your model what happens if you have high usage? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hello Community,

@Eliza5  That is correct. The over-payment will be automatically applied during your next plan renewal.

Unfortunately PM does not have any low usage discounts. It's use it or lose it.

Eliza5

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You can buy 1 GB for $15 right now. The unused portion will roll over.

gig.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.