cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loving the Network coverage

Abbydad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since PM is Telus, the coverage is fantastic ! I often get funny looks when I tell people that. They're like, "it is?!" Even had a Telus mobility employee who has never heard of Public! 

9 REPLIES 9

That's due to some other reason. It's not because of the network.

Optimus0087

Oh my! I'll have to try a call of that length and see what happens!

@geopublic wrote:

@sheytoon  Maybe not, but speaking from experience if I'm on the phone for more than 45 minutes most of the time my call drops. With Telus that never happened. Coincidence?

@sheytoon  Maybe not, but speaking from experience if I'm on the phone for more than 45 minutes most of the time my call drops. With Telus that never happened. Coincidence?

Optimus0087

I switched from TELUS myself, the rates just couldn't compare, I paid $45 for nationwide talk and text (No data) then I switched to PM and I pay $25 for nationwide talk, international text and 1 GB of data (And that's before the rewards credit!) Here's to spreading the word and achieving the dream of the $0.00 bill!

@geopublic you're right about VoLTE, but there's no QoS implemented for data between brands, and there's no prioritization between users of different brands.

Different brands = Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile, Bell, Virgin, Lucky Mobile

Even though it's the same network coverage it's not the same service. A Telus customer more than likeley will have better service that a PM customer due to VoLTE  and better QOS priority, less dropped calls etc.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep...most 3rd party brands are a subsidary of the one of the big 3 or piggy-back off their network so you'll get same the coverage without the ridiculous price. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Abbydad 

Also, if there are no Telus towers in your area, PM uses Bell cell towers.  PM does have excellent network coverage. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Strange but true.  A lot of people don't know that there are 3 companies and 2 national networks in this country.  The rest is just branding. 

Need Help? Let's chat.