cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost service with Koodo and now can't access PM over a day after Port

MysticDeth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sent a message to the moderator yesterday at 2  and still waiting to hear back from someone. Here is the problem . Until last night, I had service with Koodo but this morning, I woke up and my service was lost with Koodo . I then tried to log into my Koodo account and was unable to.  So I popped in my Public Mobile Sim and no service as well . I went into Self Serve and my plan is Active and my number I ported from Koodo is showing there as well. I don't know what else to do except picking a new number (which I will only use as a last resort)

7 REPLIES 7

MysticDeth

The $1 trick doesn't work as well. Could the Sim Card be damaged?  I ordered ordered it from the Public Mobile website.  When I first went through the sign up process, I followed the instructions to port over from Koodo and I never did get any error messages to stop the port from happening.  I factory reset my phone and reset Bluetooth/mobile as someone mentioned.  I have included 2 pictures to show what it looks like with my PM Sim inserted(with and without wifi on).Screenshot_20181231-141159.png

Screenshot_20181231-141210.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MysticDeth wrote:

Unfortunately, the Lost/Stolen trick didn't work for me.  I think it is odd that when wifi is turned on, my essential phone shows Telus in my notifications, but as soon as I disconnect from the wifi, it says Emergency Calls Only in the notification bar.

It is interesting that your phone was some how getting the Telus wifi calling.  

Moderator wailt time is 48 - 72 hours.

You may try to add $1 to your account while waiting for moderator to work on your port.  It may work.

What message do you get when you phone the ported number from another phone?

srlawren

@MysticDeth try a network reset.  If you're on Android 9 (Pie), go into the Settings app, tap on System, then Reset options, then "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & bluetooth"

EDIT: looks like @will13am and I were typing the same thing at the same time 😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MysticDeth wrote:

Unfortunately, the Lost/Stolen trick didn't work for me.  I think it is odd that when wifi is turned on, my essential phone shows Telus in my notifications, but as soon as I disconnect from the wifi, it says Emergency Calls Only in the notification bar.

I have an essential phone and when the Public Mobile SIM cards is used, the carrier shows as Public Mobile.  Similarly, Koodo shows when using a Koodo SIM card.  Since you have already tried the lost/found phone toggle without success, how about trying a network reset.  The network reset is in system/reset settings menu.  Don't accidentally select factory reset which is also located there. 

MysticDeth

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MysticDeth

Try the lost/stolen trick....

mimmo

@MysticDeth  do not pick a new number you will lose your ported one for good.

did teh PM sim ever work (before you started teh port)

I woudl try the lost stolen trick or $1 trick as my next steps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Need Help? Let's chat.