cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

lindsayt93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone. If I get a new SIM, will my phone number stay the same?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

one more piece of advise, you probably want to get your SIM from local kiosks or from Amazon if you have Prime membership.   Avoid getting it from PM online as it can take as many as 3 or 4 weeks for delivery.   

Hope you get things sorted out soon

@lindsayt93 

Bummer! And yes you can keep your phone number. And a little advice.....

1. Use "find my phone" to see if you can get a location. 
  2. Check your Google timeline.
  3. You may be able to use your phone brands community to help you find your phone. Both Samsung and iPhone have tracking tech that may still benefit you even if you were not previously a member or subscribed to the service and they work better than Tile tags.
  4. Send a text message that can hopefully be accessed from  a locked screen that gives a contact phone # yours or someone else's and offers a reward but with no specified amount.
  5. Before the text call your number to see if anyone answers. If it goes to voicemail press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #. Check your messages. You can choose to change your greeting to reflect the lost phone issue or provide a temporary number like a fongo number or whatever you think is appropriate.
  6. Once you call your phone, then text your phone then report it lost/stolen in your self serve account by suspending service. Your voicemail will stay active just repeat the steps mentioned above. You can also periodically resume service to try calling or texting your phone and suspending it again.
  7.  Once your 30 day cycle is up for renewal lost/stolen prevents payment from being taken from any available funds in your balance or your autopay card from being charged. However if you have enough funds in your balance to cover your plan amount your service will automatically renew once you unsuspend via lost/stolen otherwise you have to unsuspend, top up your balance manually then it will renew....automatically thru 611 or your account but sometimes you must suspend via lost/stolen again if the system doesn't take your top up payment automatically.
  8. If you cannot verify a sim swap by email (or obviously SMS) you can still complete a sim swap thru customer support and verifying account info with a CSA. They are a little backlogged this weekend so if you can do it thru email then do so....

Good luck! Hopefully a good Samaritan finds your phone.🤞

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can log into your account to mark your phone lost.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Once you get a replacement sim then you can change it and keep your same phone number.

In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsayt93 

Lost Or Stolen Phone visit Here link. for more information..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindsayt93 

yes is your phone number stay in your account and you need just to swap it your old SIM Card,

How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!
Need Help? Let's chat.