cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone number and has been replaced by a different one

gblayac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just happened yesterday. I was using my SMS and was told that my number was different. I checked my usage history and it looks like it was replaced by a new one suddenly in the middle of afternoon. Nothing was changed on my side, I'm still within my monthly plan...

Sent messages to Moderator Team yesterday evening and got no answers to date. Cannot receive phone calls or textos since nobody knows this new number!

6 REPLIES 6

gblayac

Actually my porting went wrong and I did not get the message from PM to contact them. After about a month my porting request expired and they gave me a new phone number.

Request has been reactivated and I "should" get my number back today.

There are now 3 active clients claiming lost / duplicate numbers

It actually is probable that you are all related to each other (and both had same phone numbers)

xpost

@Cheyennesurette& @gblayac

Really weird and very uncommon but has happened before. 

Unfortunately, you need assistance from the moderators. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within a few hours, but can take 24.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data.

Hang in there. It should be repairable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

retsina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try calling your old number?

Anyway, I think it's best to wait for Moderator_Team's response. Just my opinion. 🙂

gblayac

text and voice. Even my account shows the new phone number instead of the one I had. I can see the change yesterday: I sent many textos and my phone number just changed by itself.

I have never seen this number before.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Is it just texting? What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.