cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card during travel.

Alina8899
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Current physical SIM card is European. I’m Canadian.

What are the exact steps to keeping old number?

Do I need to replace European physical sim with a Canadian one? Or can I just leave it in and buy an eSIM also?

is it required to declare lost sim to public mobile representative? 

Help guys I need to use my phone asap now that I’m back home.

I need to keep my old number as I can’t login to multiple applications without a text code being sent to my Canadian number. And no most don’t allow option for verification to be sent to email the way this public mobile app does.

thanks so much !

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alina8899 

Once you have you new SIM. Login to your account on the PM app then to Account tab>Change Your SIM Card to keep your old number.

IMG_0196.png

If you are having problems login then you will need an agent to help you. Click on the Chat bubble and type in Submit a Ticket or Contact Agentz

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alina8899 no need to report a lost SIM card but you will need to get a new one. If your phone is eSIM compatible you can purchase a Public Mobile eSIM through the PM app on your phone, you'll receive an email with a QR code to scan, or you can go to a local TELUS/Koodo or Mobile Klinik store and purchase a physical SIM card for $10 and just update your PM app with the SIM card number

I wouldn't bother buying a physical SIM card through Public Mobile as it can take weeks for it to arrive by Canada Post. You can buy one through Amazon for around $4.99 and if you have Prime shipping will be free and should arrive in a few days. Store pick up is obviously the quickest option

Need Help? Let's chat.