cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charge message when I call a local number

flyingsquirrel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to PM. I am located in Toronto. I am using the $30 plan with canada wide calling.

When I call a 437 number, which is local, they have a message saying that I may be charged for long distance.

Why is that? What can i do to fix this?

14 REPLIES 14

I'm sorry @flyingsquirrel that I mixed you with the autopay remove!!!..That was my mitakeSmiley Frustrated..I'm still learning..

Thank you @missorange for having made the things clear!!!!Smiley Happy

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@flyingsquirrel, when I see you two conversation, it make me confused, as you mentioned one time payment... so try to clear out. now you are ok to manage, that is good. 

flyingsquirrel

@Lieux Yes. I realize now that it is at the bottom. Then why you tell me that I need to cancel autopay first?......

I cancel and add a few times and still dont see how the card can be changed. 

😞   I hope it is not goingt o affect the $2 reduction from autopay.

@missorange I wish you told me earlier. It took me a long while and many delete and add autopay to figure that out.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

for changing the credit card, just click the below, is that correct?

Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card

Thanks @flyingsquirrel for the up to date.Smiley Happy...but I don't really understand with the unique payment...so you couldn't sign for auto-pay???Smiley Frustrated

flyingsquirrel

You are wrong about the way to change the payment card.

I removed the autopay and it does not give me an option to change the card.

However, I realize when I choose one time pay and from there, I can manage and replaced the card.

Cheers.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a standard message from most cell providers . As Public mobile is a prepaid service you will not be charged extra. If it was a chargeable call then it would not go though unless it was included in your plan or you would have to have extra funds in your account to cover it. If these 2 parameters were not met then the call would not go through. If you have extra money in your account check and see if there was any money taken from the balance after you placed the call in which you received the long distance message warning. If there was money taken from any extra money you may have in your account for the call let the moderator know of this and the number you call and that it is a local call or a call within Canada which is supposed to be covered by your $30 plan. 

Cheers 

To contact moderators... @flyingsquirrel

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And to change your card..go to payment and MAKE A PAYMENT...

EDITED....and click on the bottom manage my card update or remove my credit card.

flyingsquirrel

How do I contact the moderator team to refresh it?

Another question. How can I change the credit card for auto pay?

I only see the option to remove the autopay, but no option to change the credit card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@flyingsquirrel, from my personal experience, account provisioning sometimes can yield funny behaviors.  Sometimes calls can yield warnings and sometimes calls simply won't go through.  For the warnings, adding 1 in front of the 10 digit number will address the concern.  If the condition persists or worsens, you can always ask the moderator team to do an account refresh where the list of area codes associated with the included calling for an account are reloaded.  Be mindful that at no time will you be charged for a service that is not pre-purchased.  Such is the virtue of prepaid service.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome in the prepaid service public mobile @flyingsquirrel!!! And fly with your phone!!! The message is always here but not useful for you..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@flyingsquirrel wrote:

I am new to PM. I am located in Toronto. I am using the $30 plan with canada wide calling.

When I call a 437 number, which is local, they have a message saying that I may be charged for long distance.

Why is that? What can i do to fix this?

With PM you can't be charged extra.  If you don't have long distance calling the call wouldn't go through.  Try putting  a1 in front of the number that should eliminate the message.  Now when you say local is it same town or Same province.  If it would be a long distance call from a landline you will need to put the 1 in front.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

maeln

Don't worry you will not be charged because it's a prepaid service.. @flyingsquirrel...you can have a message but don't bother with it....Smiley Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.