cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Disabled

Yunping
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activate SIM card yesterday. And my public mobile account was hacked today and somebody changed my PIN code.

Now I cannot log in. All my tries showed login disabled.

And I cannot submit a ticket since it requires an account ( I can't get into my account!)

HELP

15 REPLIES 15

Yunping

Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying, now my credit card shows the first transfer(which I used to activate SIM) was named as KOODO MOBLIE PAC, is that where the money supposed to go? So confused...

@Yunping   You opened ticket with CS Agent?  did they reply yet?  If they have not replied at all, message them again

Even they have replied, and you just waiting for their further response, reply on the same message and press for an update.

Yunping

Here is the timeline: 1 SIM activated on Feb 1st night. 2. Someone changed my PIN code on Feb 2nd morning(which is a strange thing since I have my phone all the time). 3. A $0 transfer was made and my service is unavailable. (I saw that on my credit card account). 4. I called 611 and they are unable to get through my call and ask me to get help on website. 5.I cannot login into any account or service and my account showed it was disabled.

And now I am seeking help from CS agent. Thanks for asking. But TBH I don't know what happened exactly.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yunping  - 

You activated just yesterday and someone has changed your Account PIN?

Did you activate online or instore?

You mean that 4-digit PIN you need to access certain features when calling 611?

You get nothing when you call 611?

Have you lost your services at all during all this? OR, did nothing work since you activated?

Were you charged for the SIM card activation?

Were you able to log into Self Serve prior to having a login issue?

Sorry, all I have is questions, I know it is not helpful, but this is quite curious...

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yunping wrote:

I activate SIM card yesterday. And my public mobile account was hacked today and somebody changed my PIN code.

Now I cannot log in. All my tries showed login disabled.

And I cannot submit a ticket since it requires an account ( I can't get into my account!)

HELP

@Yunping   Are you trying to log into "My Account" on the Public Mobile website?  If yes, then you need to log in using the email address and a password that you typed in when you activated your SIM card, NOT your account PIN code.  If you cannot remember your password anymore, you can click on the "Forgot your password?" link to try to reset your password.  It does not look like your account was hacked.  

If you still need to submit a ticket, you can do so by clicking on the icon that looks like an envelope that says "Messages" when you hover your mouse over it. And then click on an icon that looks like a pen inside a box to compose the private message and write "CS_Agent" in the "Send to" field and the issue as well as the details of your issue in the "Message subject" and "Message box" text boxes respectively.  You should receive an answer from them shortly.  You do NOT need to get into your account at Public Mobile to submit a ticket.  You just need a community account here to do so but try to reset your password first.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Yunping 

Sorry to hear about the hack.

I am surprised that the hackers can get your email address, cell phone number and 4 digit PIN to access your account.

I hope the CS_Agent can help you and get everything sorted out for you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yunping 

What retailer did you activate your account with? It sounds like your account has been compromised. Contact customer support with a detailed message. The spoiler below contains info on other ways they may verify you that you are the account holder. It seems that pm has already suspected fraudulent activity within your account thus has temporarily suspended it. Did you recieve a print out of your account activation from the retailer? Did you recieve your welcome email from pm? All of these will contain info that will help you prove that you are the account holder.

You should also check with your financial institution and any online accounts you may have such as credit cards, PayPal, Amazon etc....to make sure they have not been compromised. Change passwords and 2FA to an alternative phone number if possible ( ie. to a parent or partner temporarily)until you get this straightened out with customer support. Finally following up with management of the retail location that you activated at and possibly law enforcement to investigate this fraudulent activity.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yunping

Good idea, thanks, I am waiting for the CS Agent to reply me.

@Yunping 

if you are certain your PM account was suspended due to  hacking or so, I suggest you to change your own email password for the email account you used on PM My Account, just in case.  Try to use some form of 2FA if you can (Authenticator app)  or at least monitor the account and possibly change your password couple times in the next week or two , just in case

Yunping

*611 said they can't get through my call and ask me to go to website to seek for help.

The CS agent ask me to deliver some detailed information. Now I can only wait. Thank you for talking to me, I am really lost.

@Yunping 

What happens when you dial *611?  it said your account suspended?  can you try to access other menu, which requires you to use your PIN.  Just want to see if the PIN you setup works

Yes, you might have setup a PIN when you activated in store.  After the pin is setup, PM will text you the exact PIN as well.

You message the CS Agent already?  Have them to confirm your account status as well.

Yunping

The first message was:"You have successfully created a new PIN" -which I didn't!

The second message was:"Your service has been suspended due to suspicious transactions." - there is a suspicious transaction in my credit card record, but it is $0, I am still wondering what happened here.

I believe someone overheard my PIN code...But they surely can't know my password. SAD.

@Yunping wrote:

No idea why my account was hacker 12 hours after I activate it... I saw two messages this morning and my service get suspended. Happening so fast

What was the message you got?

Also, any chance you ask to reverse a Koodo payment? (some people see Koodo getting money from their credit card instead of PM and they ask CC to decline the charge)

Or did you activate in-store? any chance someone hear you give the password , pin to the agent who helped you with your activation?

Yunping

No idea why my account was hacker 12 hours after I activate it... I saw two messages this morning and my service get suspended. Happening so fast

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yunping   why your account was hacked so quickly?  The 4 digits PIN cannot be changed online and it has to changed by PM Support.

Did you try the Forgot Password link? enter the correct email and answer the security question (if it was not changed) and they will send you an email to reset 

Yes, you can open a ticket with PM support with direct messaging

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.