cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out - can't use forgot password

secureearth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey mods 

I am locked out and I tried forgot password and I've waited a few hours and it tells me to contact an admin. 

7 REPLIES 7

Bobo75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you get in by doing a factory reboot

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@secureearth 

was your issue resolved yet? 

or are you still locked out? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@secureearth wrote:

Hey mods 

I am locked out and I tried forgot password and I've waited a few hours and it tells me to contact an admin. 

While you are waiting for moderator, restart your browser and try the reset password link again. 

I just tried the "Forgot your password" link and received PM reset password email within 1 minute.  April 21, 2020 9:42pm MT.

@gblackma FYI: email notification is ON by default when a Community account is created.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@secureearth  after using @Staliger 's link. Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@secureearth wrote:

Hey mods 

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@secureearth Contact moderators through clicking on ? on bottom right of the page and following directions OR directly through the private message here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ask them for a temporary password.

Need Help? Let's chat.